Author Topic: News Or Funnies?  (Read 5039 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
News Or Funnies?
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:53:45 PM »
Couldn't decide to put this in "News" or "Funnies."  

As soon as I read the woman hid the ticket at McDonald's (her workplace)...I figured she never had the ticket.  What do you think?
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Marylands-Mega-Millions-Mystery-Continues-lottery-winner-146312265.html
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: News Or Funnies?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
Haha  unfortunately these days,  it's verrrrrry believable (that someone would be that careless with something so valuable.)

Next up at 11:  Haley's Comet has landed somewhere on Earth and nobody knows where. Mediots suspect Elvis has it on his secret island.  Ends up sitting in some family's yard for over a month until they call someone to fix a tree. Tree man calls to report an illegal spaceship in a yard when he goes home that night.... all the Mediot outlets  run "spaceship" stories and special reports on Aliens for a week.... American Movie Classics and ShowTime run ET The Extra Terrestial marathons ...Drew Barrymore gets a reality TV show...

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:59:32 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 03:17:12 AM »
Brandon

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »
A family member was talking about this woman  Bumpurr1   and apparently it was one of those "co-workers chip in money and one goes to actually place the bets" and she's trying to say that the one ticket she bought meant for herself is the winner (?)   bangshead

Who would even believe that?!   IF she does have the winner, the issue is, she don't want to share. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »
I only saw one interview with her.  My gut feeling...she's enjoying 15 minutes of fame. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Maryland ticket holder claims share of $656M Mega Millions lottery
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
The plot thickens...

The Mega mystery may be solved Tuesday -- or maybe not.
The holder of the winning ticket from Maryland has come forward to claim a share of last month's record $656 million Mega Millions lottery drawing, state lottery officials announced Monday.
Three winning tickets were sold across the country, but speculation about the Maryland ticket reached fever pitch last week when a Maryland woman said she had the ticket, then claimed she had hidden it inside the McDonald's restaurant where she works. Her attorney, who admitted he couldn't back up her story, said she wanted to be left alone.
Was she telling the truth? Was it all a hoax? Even after lottery officials hold their news conference at 8 a.m. Tuesday, we still may not know.
The winner has chosen to remain anonymous.
Lottery spokeswoman Carole Everett says the winner claimed the prize with the winning ticket at lottery headquarters on Monday. She says she wouldn't give any details about the winner until Tuesday morning.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/09/record-mega-millions-lottery-ticket-claimed-in-maryland/#ixzz1raiaAvkK

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 01:19:27 AM »
Her attorney, who admitted he couldn't back up her story, said she wanted to be left alone.

Just a thought but funny how that the lady on Mickey D's salary *still* has an attorney ...   
I'm leaning towards her, and not wanting to share the loot  Bumpurr1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »
You have a very good point, CC.  I just can't imagine NOT wanting to share that kind of loot!!! 

If the Maryland winner chooses the cash option, the before-taxes check would total $158 million, according to Maryland officials.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »
You have a very good point, CC.  I just can't imagine NOT wanting to share that kind of loot!!! 

Ok, so if you win, Lola, I'll be looking for a check . . .  :P  :D  Write it out to "Mr. Pookie"  CatPurr  ohh, all the mousies I could buy!   funny2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 03:29:13 PM »
Ok, so if you win, Lola, I'll be looking for a check . . .  :P  :D  Write it out to "Mr. Pookie"  CatPurr  ohh, all the mousies I could buy!   funny2

You got it!!  

Can you imagine how much fun it would be to do things like that... and more?  Pay for someone's groceries in line at the store.  Pay for a stranger's Christmas layaway.  Everyone at the gas pump...buy a round of gas!  Unexpected gifts to total strangers.

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
You got it!!  

Can you imagine how much fun it would be to do things like that... and more?  Pay for someone's groceries in line at the store.  Pay for a stranger's Christmas layaway.  Everyone at the gas pump...buy a round of gas!  Unexpected gifts to total strangers.

Now that's some seriously awesome fun!!  thumbsup1

Ever see this movie?   Based on true story, have probably watched this as many times as Sleepless in Seattle   Bumpurr1  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Could_Happen_to_You_(film)

Handing out tokens, and taking a bunch of non-wealthy kids to the Stadium -- talk about "great lottery fantasies!!"

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »
Buying out one of the big mediot outlets would be up there too.  >:D  (hey, anyone got change for a quarter for that? Their true worth...)

Everyone FIRED, for starters...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:22:18 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 05:57:54 PM »
Buying out one of the big mediot outlets would be up there too.  >:D  (hey, anyone got change for a quarter for that? Their true worth...)

Everyone FIRED, for starters...

Ooooooo, good one, CC!

Donating to animal shelters, or buying lots of grain-free canned food to donate to the animal shelters . . .
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
UPDATE On Maryland Mega Millions Winner(s)
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »
The owners of the ticket bought in Maryland came forward Monday and turned out to be two public school teachers and an administrative employee. The trio — a man in his 40s, a woman in her 20s and a woman in her 50s calling themselves "The Three Amigos" — chose to be unidentified. They said they plan to keep working.
They were photographed with their faces covered by a large check for $218.6 million, their portion of the $656 million jackpot. Their hands and arms were covered by gloves and long sleeves.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-10/Mega-Millions-lottery-winners/54161086/1
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:27:41 AM by Lola, Reason: Fixed link »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »
Thank link takes me to a "med form"  You know, like a form to fill out to list the medicines you take? funny2

Tags: