Author Topic: What The Cat(s) Did Today...  (Read 44255 times)

Online ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
Re: What The Cat(s) Did Today...
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2018, 01:21:23 PM »
LMAO! Well the photo was made available anyway, wasn't it?
Thank you!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »
ThreeStep,
You can change your avatar to anything you want.  I just happen to think everyone should have an avatar... or they look naked.   Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Online ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2018, 10:55:30 AM »
All three whiskered terrors are asleep or better storing energy for later. We must have a sign on the door "free cat buffet". First there came Izzi and stayed. I trapped Oscarina the day the insane winter weather hit. Friends of the Shelter adopted her out:>) Now there is Blackie - pitch black short hair. She wants in but our pride objects loudly and clearly. SO feeds her and yesterday he loosened her collar. She has a sleep box on the porch. If she keeps hanging around I will have to trap her.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2018, 11:47:07 AM »
I love this:  "all three whiskered terrors . . . "

And yes, they're storing energy for later.  When I brought home my 2 whiskered terrors, I didn't know what to name them, but "Search" and "Destroy" was on the short list.   Silly7
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2018, 10:11:58 AM »
Happy to hear that Oscarina has been adopted.  Yay!
You probably can expect Blackie to hang around at your Bed And Breakfast.  :)
If I had a black cat, I would name her Jelly Bean.... just throwing that out there.   Silly7

Online ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2018, 10:45:01 AM »
Speaking of Blackie - we were in the hot tub last night (it has a temporary winter enclosure) and Blackie loudly demanded dinner. She did the run back and forth, complained like a shopper with an expired coupon. She was bound and determined to come in as were the resident whiskers to keep her out. Two cans of kitten chow later she meandered on. She cannot be a year old yet, sleek, short very soft fur and loving as can be. SO stood his ground! In a way he is right - the difference between two aunties and Izzi was/is a major change. The Friends of the Shelter have not called me back. Well, I talked to them twice about using them as executor and partial beneficiary for a pet trust as we have nobody but a sibling each and those unreliable or allergic to cats. I will try again. The form at the animal shelter has me concerned. I have to sign an affidavit that I do not know the owner of the animal. SO wants to tag a note to Blackie's collar. The collar was ways too tight. ???

Depending on her personality Sheitan may be appropriate.

ChaCha and ShadowCat have middle names - trouble and mischief. Then there is Ghosty who lurks behind doors, under furniture and in corners. Cats and dark hardwoods do not go together.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2018, 11:49:47 AM »
The collar was ways too tight. ??? 

Given her age, I'm thinking that it fit properly when first put on, but maybe she ran off and kept growing to the point where it got too tight.  Which is my naive way of hoping that whoever she belongs to isn't an oblivious or cruel @ss.

Here's a thought:  maybe Blackie would keep Izzy from torturing the two aunties.  Instead they could play with each other.   ;D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Online ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2018, 01:33:15 PM »
Given her age, I'm thinking that it fit properly when first put on, but maybe she ran off and kept growing to the point where it got too tight.  Which is my naive way of hoping that whoever she belongs to isn't an oblivious or cruel @ss.

Here's a thought:  maybe Blackie would keep Izzy from torturing the two aunties.  Instead they could play with each other.   ;D

Number III has already been a lot of change including another litter box, fights, .... Slowly things are returning to the state of "no flying" fur. Not to mention Izzi's insane vet bills.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »
We stopped at 4 cats.... at one time.  lol

Just playing with you.  YOU know your limits.   HeadButt

Online ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2018, 03:38:24 PM »
Good news - Oscarina and her new human are doing well.

Sheitan is gorgeous but it has been a 4 to 1 vote. Friends of the Shelter are short on cats. So I will do the deed when the opportunity presents itself.
Izzi was only 2 1/2 pounds so litter box, food water, bed (the heated floor map from my office) in a big dog cage were sufficient for a day and two nights. Then SO added two dog kennels into a cat condo for several nights while she was running free during the day. Sheitan is probably around 8 pounds.
It will all work out!!!! It has to!!!

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »
Friends of the Shelter are short on cats.

I don't think I have EVER heard (or read) those words... ever.   thumbsup1

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2018, 04:46:28 PM »
Good news - Oscarina and her new human are doing well.

Sheitan is gorgeous but it has been a 4 to 1 vote. Friends of the Shelter are short on cats. So I will do the deed when the opportunity presents itself.
Izzi was only 2 1/2 pounds so litter box, food water, bed (the heated floor map from my office) in a big dog cage were sufficient for a day and two nights. Then SO added two dog kennels into a cat condo for several nights while she was running free during the day. Sheitan is probably around 8 pounds.
It will all work out!!!! It has to!!!

I woudn't wait too long, as she will be pregnant soon, if she is not already. :(

Online ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2018, 07:03:44 AM »
"Shaka" it is:) Three cans last night, she sat then cuddled with us on the porch. Soft, a little bit of salt/pepper on her back. She tried to hunt birds but those silly bells on her collar gave her away. Shiwed up for breakfast. Our three are mad with us! SO will get a dog crate out of the attic and she will spend the night in the garage. Warm, window, the comforts of home. He is off tomorrow and will take her to the pound. A couple of days quarantine, vet visit then the Friends will foster her and bring her to Petco/Petsmart for adoption. This is a hard one. She is a lap sitter unlike ours. But she will have no problem finding a good forever home.

Aunties hear a mouse fart even when they are sound asleep. There was a teaspoon left in a can for second breakfast for Izzi. It was not on her plate yet when ShadowCat showed up and ChaCha gave me the "and me" look. There are days I feel like short order cook is part of my job description.

Please let me know if/when my prattling get annoying.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »

Please let me know if/when my prattling get annoying.

NEVER! This is where we all come when we're trying to work issues through in our heads, and everyone else reads to see if their heads can come up with something that will help us deal with our issues. Don't EVER be afraid to "talk" to all of us.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags:

'Hare