Author Topic: What The Cat(s) Did Today...  (Read 49109 times)

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
Re: What The Cat(s) Did Today...
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
I woudn't wait too long, as she will be pregnant soon, if she is not already. :(
I did not even think about that!

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »
"Shaka" it is:) Three cans last night, she sat then cuddled with us on the porch. Soft, a little bit of salt/pepper on her back. She tried to hunt birds but those silly bells on her collar gave her away. Shiwed up for breakfast. Our three are mad with us! SO will get a dog crate out of the attic and she will spend the night in the garage. Warm, window, the comforts of home. He is off tomorrow and will take her to the pound. A couple of days quarantine, vet visit then the Friends will foster her and bring her to Petco/Petsmart for adoption. This is a hard one. She is a lap sitter unlike ours. But she will have no problem finding a good forever home.

Aunties hear a mouse fart even when they are sound asleep. There was a teaspoon left in a can for second breakfast for Izzi. It was not on her plate yet when ShadowCat showed up and ChaCha gave me the "and me" look. There are days I feel like short order cook is part of my job description.

Please let me know if/when my prattling get annoying.

Nah. It's lovely to have these kind of stories to read.  This thread is a great place to come when I've got things I don't want to think about. xx

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2018, 07:52:48 PM »

I'm enjoying your stories!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2018, 08:30:11 PM »
 :( I had posted earlier but must have timed it just as maintenance started.  So here it is, more or less:

I enjoy your humor, for example:

Aunties hear a mouse fart even when they are sound asleep. There was a teaspoon left in a can for second breakfast for Izzi. It was not on her plate yet when ShadowCat showed up and ChaCha gave me the "and me" look. There are days I feel like short order cook is part of my job description.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2018, 07:23:38 AM »
Shaka was on time last night. Our gang had firsts as it is called in The Hobbits's Shire and observe the intruder with noses pressed to window screens. So petted her and I made a dash for food. She inhaled the first can. I have never seen a cat wolf food down like that. Can number two and now the gang realized there was food involved. They requested their dues in form of seconds. I obliged as there is no way of resisting big eyes, protruding bellies and ribs showing, is there? Yes, I have a vivid imagination:) Shaka got leftovers and we did our evening walk to the herb garden. Tinker tinker tinker bell - here comes a fluffy pitch black fur ball with that pesky bell on her ratty collar. She knows how to work a room. Some love and purr and lap curling for me, some for SO. I took the flee collar off. Grimy, bleached out, no info on it. We went inside. She was not happy but meandered off. I put food on a plate, stepped outside and called her. She came flying and ate everything. Where is she putting all that food? Her fur is dull, you can feel ribs and hips but she is not scrawny. Ten days of good meals may have something to do with it. We were very torn about caging her or waiting.

6:00 am this morning. ChaCha decided that letting me sleep in 30 minutes is it. OK, I am on my way. Izzi move Bizzi off the bed step! Izzi wrinkled her nose - kibble and medley not today. ChaCha and ShadowCat are munching. New plate without kibbles. Shaka is pawing the porch door. Hey in there - me too!!! One can on a plate, Izzi distracted, door opened just wide enough to get the plate out. SO is off today and working his side job cutting matches from bed posts if you know what I mean:) Order up - second plate for guest with porch seating and no dietary requirements. A growl sounding like "coffee" and I offer him a cat plate. Did not work. Izzi wants at that thing and she wants it badly. I am still bigger and snatch her up. Off to the office we go. Aunties have full bellies and are interested but not determined. Izzi is as mad as a wet hen.

SO scooped Shaka into a carrier, opened the door in the garage and she moved right into the kennel, asked for more food and seems content. Pound opens at 9:00.

We talked about it again. She will not have a problem finding a home as pretty and lovable as she is. Really sweet little thing. As with Oscarina I will follow up until she is placed. Maybe the pound will accept a box of the kitten chow she seems to enjoy? Maybe they will even feed it to her? SO can be rather charming and persuasive. Is that mustache he is growing out an indication of some feline in him?

OK, I talked it out. Time for coffee, laundry, litter boxes and donating some quality time to the source of cat food aka work.

TGIF

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2018, 12:29:42 PM »
Shaka worked the room at the shelter and will get her food. Friends of the Shelter placed 240 cats in 2017 and expect to have her at an adoption site next week end.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »
Shaka worked the room at the shelter and will get her food. Friends of the Shelter placed 240 cats in 2017 and expect to have her at an adoption site next week end.

bananamiddlechild !!

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »
We had a cat visit our front door this evening.  Had the main door open, so a few were "visiting" through the screen.  I thought of you, ThreeStep.  However I closed the main door, and told our bunch not to talk to strangers. 

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »
I will sneak out and visit Shaka Monday with gifts of food.

We picked up five different cans today. All say no grain. Taste of the Wild, Purrfedt Bistro, 4Health. More options next shopping trip. We are sampling:)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2018, 10:02:40 PM »
Jennie stole my lunch. I've been wanting this "hot dog" for weeks (it's been waiting in the freezer all this time) but kept forgetting to buy bread.  What I call a hot dog is actually a kielbasi link.  I like to heat it in the pan until the skin is crispy, then I slit it, put some cheese in the middle and add a pickle slice.  Once the cheese is melted a little I put it on a slice of bread and that satisfies my "hot dog" craving.

I put the 'sandwich'  on the plate, put the plate on the table and turned to get my glass of milk.  I turned back with my milk and heard a THUD and the bread was sitting on the plate... empty.The THUD was Jennie jumping down and running across the room with her stolen treasure in her mouth.

I rushed to get it from her and she growled at me, which brought Queen Eva running over with a puffed tail, always ready to jump into any fray.

I took the thing away from her and threw it away.  They had only just eaten lunch, so she wasn't hungry, but I didn't like to eat it after it had been in her mouth, when she had just finished a raw meal.

So I never got my "hot dog" that I've been hankering for for so long.

I don't buy kielbasi very often because I try not to eat highly processed food like that.  That link has been waiting for me a long time.

By the way, this is not the first time she stole my "hot dog". It happened once before, when she hadn't been here very long, before I really knew what a food thief she is. She is quick!

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2018, 09:06:54 AM »
Oh no! You cannot retaliate by stealing her lunch though. How about a replacement eaten under more cautious circumstances? Now you have me craving one! But is will be chicken thighs of the grill per SO's craving confessions last night.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2018, 10:42:27 AM »
She was just saving you from eating processed food.  ;)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2018, 10:55:13 AM »
What's wrong with this picture?  Yes, those are sheets on the sofa.  I'm lazy and giving myself a break, from cleaning fur off the furniture.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »
Hey! It doesn't seem to bother them at all, and that's what really matters--that they are happy. Right?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »
Doens't look like the placement of the beds is bothering them too much, so I wouldn't worry about it.    Silly7

Tags:

'Hare