Author Topic: AKC Yogurt & Peanut Butter DentaCare treats  (Read 2146 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
AKC Yogurt & Peanut Butter DentaCare treats
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »
Okay...had to run down the road to Dollar General (That's my only choice to shop at if I don't want to drive 16 miles for one thing that I've run out of, so no jokes--16 miles MUCH > 1.5 miles.)

Told the boys I'd bring them back something "special."

Was looking at some treats they have, and they had these: http://www.dog.com/item/akc-dentacare-yogurt-dog-treat/497503/ Peanut Butter flavor.

I ended up just buying them a couple of cups of blueberry yogurt b/c I've never heard of "Made in Ireland." Some others they had weren't made in Ireland, but that particular one was.

Anyone know anything about "Made in Ireland?" How safe it is, etc?

I suppose my MAIN question is, why do they have different manufacturers (countries) for the AKC brand??? I've looked online now, and I see the same thing...one thing from one country and another thing from another country.

That confuses the heck out of me!!!  bangshead

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
Re: AKC Yogurt & Peanut Butter DentaCare treats
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »
Regarding the brand using different countries....  I imagine it's due to subcontracting. 

AKC is just a brand label.  A brand is simply a company that makes money by contracting various manufacturers to make things for them, then slapping their label on those products, and reselling them to the public.  Many times the most cost efficient labor and materials are actually found in other countries... even considering customs.   So... there ya have it.

There are probably lots of other factors I'm missing, but that seems to be the basic premise.

Every label I can think of does this.
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Tags: