Author Topic: Is this some kind of typo or what?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Is this some kind of typo or what?
« on: April 04, 2013, 11:13:10 PM »
Saw a Tweet about this store now having Canine Caviar, http://primepetsupply.com/product/canine-caviar-holistic-open-sky-duck-and-chicken-pea-grain-free-dry-dog-food/ EXCEPT I couldn't find an ingredients list. After all, those are some big claims there, so I wanted to see what was in it.

I doubt the claims of this food (that I can't get without ordering online) are really any more truthful than other company since it's kibble, but was looking at it anyway...then I saw something that made me shake my head worse than the Montmorillonite clay in Nature's Variety:

http://www.dog.com/item/canine-caviar-venison-dry-dog-food/493316/

Canine Caviar Venison Dry Dog Food

Ingredients:
Venison Meal, Split Pea, Canola Oil, Dried Pumpkin, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Sun-Cured Alfalfa, Venison Tripe, Dried Beet Pulp, Coconut Oil, Borage Oil, Primrose Oil, Sun-Cured Kelp, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Whole Clove Garlic, Parsley, Peppermint,  :o Limestone :o, Dried Chicory Root, Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Papaya, Rose Hips, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (a source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Thiamine, Methionine, Biotin, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite, L-Carnitine, Beta Carotene

Limestone? HUH? Seriously? So is that some clay-replacement to clean out the toxins in their bodies? Just give them rocks and it will scrape their intestines clean?  funny2
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Is this some kind of typo or what?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:25:03 AM »
My guess is it's in there as a sort of calcium supplement, in addition to the calcium pantothenate.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: