This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > Calendar Events

Queen Eva's Gotcha Day

(1/16) > >>

Middle Child:
SUBJECT TITLE:  Gotcha number changes each year.  :)

I met her in a very bad situation when she was only 4 weeks old and after telling me her name was Eva she demanded I take her home. It took another four weeks for me to manage to get her out of there, while I worried about her day and night. In the car on the way home she informed me very loudly that her name is QUEEN Eva.

I'll never forget that first day.  I was up all the previous night preparing for her (a story all by itself)

I had to pick her up early in the morning, and it was a long drive. I brought her home and rushed her straight to the bathroom and the bathtub.  She had had diarrhea and had vomited in the carrier on the way home. As I washed her in the tub (she was also covered in fleas, and I mean covered) she screamed and screamed and screamed. After I washed her and dried her I shucked my clothes before stepping out of the bathroom (leaving Queen Eva in there of course).  I expected to see three adult cats sitting at attention at the door wondering what all the noise was about.
Instead all three of them were in their various spots, sound asleep!  I just couldn't believe it!  I mean..I had been telling them about her for weeks, but...it was so strange how they just instantly accepted her arrival, and all I had to do to her that first day.  (Back into the bathroom every half hour to comb fleas off of her)

First Day home:

Middle Child:
The next day, I dropped her off at the vet in the morning, where she spent the day being tested for disease, and being de-flead and stuff like that.  She also spent the day charming everyone at the clinic.  Though they did claim anyone that had to handle her was deaf by the end of the day!

Home from an exhausting day at the vet, now de-flead she could have a stuffed animal, her White Bunny

Havok rekkin started early................................................the solution

Tolly :angel: and Mazy and Jennie accepted her right away.  Such fun and games and cat piles!  I have a thousand pictures of Tolly and Queen Eva piled together, but here I'll just post some initial getting acquainted shots.

Tolly :angel: and Queen Eva.  Tolly loved her immediately of course.  Tolly loved all cats.

Tolly was sick that week, and Queen Eva took care of him.

Middle Child:
Mazy and Queen Eva

Jennie and Queen Eva

One Big Happy Family!

Middle Child:
It's was a bumpy road health-wise, even after we got rid of the fleas and roundworms,  with a back injury, ingesting of non-ingestibles, a week in the hospital and then two weeks recovery in the crate after a spay complication, and her digestive/intestinal problems.

For her first week she wasn't even allowed to play.

Finally she got the green light and was allowed a toy in her Castle.

Queen Eva had her own ways of doing things and growing into things.

For her first week she lived in her Castle by day (after she was de-flead),

and I put her in the bathroom at night. It was a very busy week for me and I couldn't keep her shut up in that hot bathroom all day long. So she was in her Castle (large dog crate) set up in my bedroom. But at night, I wanted her to have more room to play and jump and I wanted to sleep, so she went into the bathroom.

By the fifth night though I was letting her loose in my bedroom

Middle Child:
Her second week I was home on vacation and the integration began.

All day long she stayed out and about with me and the other cats.  On a nice day, when I wanted to take the cats out, we would wait until she fell asleep in the bedroom, then I would close the bedroom screen door, and take the big cats out.

At night, still concerned for her safety, I continued to put her to bed in the bathroom.  And she went, willingly.  In fact she would actually put herself to bed.  I would go into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and she would follow me in and curl up in her bed.

On the seventh night after her integration (and after being here two full weeks) she decided she no longer needed to be shut in the bathroom at night.  You know how I knew?  I knew because that was the night she didn't follow me in, to be put to bed.  Instead I found her here:

From then on she slept with me and the rest of the cats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version