Author Topic: Happy Gotcha Day Jennie-Jennie!  (Read 9478 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Happy Gotcha Day Jennie-Jennie!
« on: October 02, 2014, 05:00:04 AM »
Today is Jennie's Gotcha Day!  Seven years ago on this day she came to her forever home.

Jennie was a stray who showed up on a friend's property.  At first all I ever saw of her was her white hind feet disappearing over the porch wall, so I was calling her Socks, for lack of something better.

Then one day as she was eating on their porch I got a good look at her.  With her wide pot belly I thought she was pregnant.  I'd already decided she was coming home with me, so I wanted to get her trapped as soon as possible.

I started trying to approach her and each day she stayed a little longer...  then came the day...she ran and jumped over the porch like always, but when I peeked over the side, there she was crouched in the grass.

Our eyes met and I said "OH!  You're Jennie!"   She gave me a long blink.  I got a handful of kibble and tossed them one by one in the grass and she ate them one by one.  I went out and sat in the grass and she came a little closer, but not close enough to touch, though I did get pictures.

I made the appointment to bring her in for testing and spaying, and trapping her was a breeze.

As it turned out she wasn't pregnant, vet said the kittens either didn't survive or she was in the process of weaning them because her milk was drying up and she was going back into heat at the time of spay.

(kittens were ultimately trapped and brought to rescue)

Here she is om that first day we actually met and she told me her name was Jennie.

The night she was in the trap:

So on  Oct. 2, 2007 Jennie came Forever Home

This is what she looked like her first day forever home.

When I let her out of the carrier on my bed, she immediately jumped down on the floor (it took her many months before she would get up on any furniture)  She started purring really loud to tell me how happy she was to be forever home and it was all I could to not to burst into tears, she was SO HAPPY!

Happy Gotcha Day my dear Jennie-Jennie, I am so happy you Chose me!

I have some pictures of her I've been meaning to share for a while but just haven't taken the time to reduce them  yet.  I'll post them to this thread as I get them done.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Happy Gotcha Day Jennie-Jennie!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
Happy Gotcha Day to you both.  And thanks for sharing.  Jennie is a beauty!!! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:02:15 PM »
 :) :) :)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »
!@#$%^&*()

I am TRYING to post pictures.  ALL have been reduced, ALL are within size limited,and I only added THREE to the next post.  It will not post. with the attachments.  So now I have wasted a lot of time and am no closer to posting all the lovely pictures of Jennie I have to share.

No more patience for now.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 05:35:14 AM »
 :) :)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 05:37:14 AM »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 05:38:49 AM »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 05:07:44 PM »
Sorry I'm late, but Happy (Belated) Gotcha Day, Jennie!  You're a smart kitty to pick such a good mommie!   ;D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »
In your second group of pictures... I love the one with her sitting on top of the scratching post! 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »
I love this last one you've got-- DSC05573 (640x479).jpg

You should call it "The Quiet of Shadows"
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »
Today is Jennie's Gotcha Day!  Eight years ago on this day she came to her forever home.

Jennie was a stray who showed up on a friend's property.  At first all I ever saw of her was her white hind feet disappearing over the porch wall, so I was calling her Socks, for lack of something better.

Then one day as she was eating on their porch I got a good look at her.  With her wide pot belly I thought she was pregnant.  I'd already decided she was coming home with me, so I wanted to get her trapped as soon as possible.

I started trying to approach her and each day she stayed a little longer...  then came the day...she ran and jumped over the porch like always, but when I peeked over the side, there she was crouched in the grass.

Our eyes met and I said "OH!  You're Jennie!"   She gave me a long blink.  I got a handful of kibble (what she was being fed at the friend's house) and tossed them one by one in the grass and she ate them one by one.  I went out and sat in the grass and she came a little closer, but not close enough to touch, though I did get pictures.

I made the appointment to bring her in for testing and spaying, and trapping her was a breeze.

As it turned out she wasn't pregnant, vet said the kittens either didn't survive or she was in the process of weaning them because her milk was drying up and she was going back into heat at the time of spay.

(kittens were ultimately trapped and brought to rescue)

Here she is om that first day we actually met and she told me her name was Jennie.

The night she was in the trap:

So on  Oct. 2, 2007 Jennie came Forever Home

This is what she looked like her first day forever home.

When I let her out of the carrier on my bed, she immediately jumped down on the floor (it took her many months before she would get up on any furniture)  She started purring really loud to tell me how happy she was to be forever home and it was all I could to not to burst into tears, she was SO HAPPY!

Happy Gotcha Day my dear Jennie-Jennie, I am so happy you Chose me!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »
Happy Gotcha Day, Jennie-Jennie, and Happy "Mother's" Day to you, MC!   :)

I always like that 3rd picture.  She looks like she's smiling!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »
She IS a beauty!  And smart.  She picked the right mom!  Happy Gotcha Day to both of you! 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 06:23:23 PM »
It's a funny thing you know...I knew she was coming. I didn't know it was her, Jennie specifically, but I knew there was a cat waiting for me.  In May of that year I had to order new harnesses, and I ordered an extra for no reason.  And in June I started seeing a cat slinking away just out of the corner of my mental eye.

I mean at completely random moments I would get the feeling there was a cat watching me.  I would turn to look and "feel" her slip away.  So I started saying "Any time you're ready, kitty, I am ready for you". And in September she started showing up at my friend's house to the food they were putting out for another stray, a black cat they named Sebastian. The first time I saw those white feet disappearing over the porch rail I knew who she was.

Was going to post come pictures but too frustrated with the lack of picture program ability on Windows 8.1 to do it.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »
Happy 9th Gotcha Day Jennie-Jennie!

I love you so much!

Tags: