Author Topic: Instinct Raw (Beef chubs)  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Instinct Raw (Beef chubs)
« on: October 20, 2014, 10:52:44 AM »
Beef, Beef Liver, Beef Kidney, Ground Beef Bone, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Apples, Ground Flaxseed, Montmorillonite Clay, Dried Kelp, Broccoli, Cod Liver Oil, Salt, Salmon Oil, Apples Cider Vinegar, Dried Chicory Root, Blueberries

http://www.instinctpetfood.com/product/instinct-grain-free-raw-frozen-beef-diet-2lb-chub

I'll pass.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Instinct Raw (Beef chubs)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:50:26 AM »
Anyone notice... 

Beef, Beef Liver, Beef Kidney, Ground Beef Bone, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Apples, Ground Flaxseed, Montmorillonite Clay, Dried Kelp, Broccoli, Cod Liver Oil, Salt, Salmon Oil, Apples Cider Vinegar, Dried Chicory Root, Blueberries

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 11:27:51 AM »
Anyone notice... 

Yes. I also noticed Dried Chicory Root--a common product to extract Inulin from, but it seems they didn't take the time to extract it to make it stronger. I'm really not sure why they want to add fiber to raw foods.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:29:39 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »
I just found the ACV interesting... with all our ACV talk going on lately here.  :)  I don't think I have ever seen it included in any other brands.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »
I just found the ACV interesting... with all our ACV talk going on lately here.  :)  I don't think I have ever seen it included in any other brands.

I just have to wonder if they add ACV with the mother or without it. It's not any good, really, without the mother, and I've seen plenty of it without it in groceries.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 12:10:13 PM »
I just have to wonder if they add ACV with the mother or without it. It's not any good, really, without the mother, and I've seen plenty of it without it in groceries.

If the majority of the ingredients are a sign...  I doubt it. 

After the first 4 ingredients, I was pretty much done with it.  BUT there is also Montmorillonite Clay!  /sarcasm

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
BUT there is also Montmorillonite Clay!  /sarcasm

LOL. I think Nature's Variety puts that "detoxifying" clay in EVERYTHING they make.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
I just noticed something in Youtube. Nature's Variety has started having commercials for Instinct Raw Boost. It was very reminiscent of a Purina Commercial with the dogs loudly running through the woods to their house and the food.

I can't find a link for just the commercial though. We're not getting any commercials like that on TV around here in TN that I've seen. I wonder if it's just an online campaign.

Has anyone else seen any Nature's Variety commercials on TV?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »
I watch one TV show a week.  Survivor.  I don't see many commercials.  Sorry, can't help you.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 01:26:09 PM »
It just freaked me out that it sounded so much like a Purina Pro Plan commercial "fetch" at the beginning with the dog running and its feet hitting the ground in the woods so loudly. I actually thought that Pro Plan had a new commercial. If they don't watch out, they'll end up being on Purina's most hated list along with Blue.

Something else I find odd about this Instinct Raw formula. It's got both cod liver oil AND salmon oil in it. I'm not used to seeing a mix of both in foods.

Tags: