Author Topic: What do you all think about this Cloudstar?  (Read 1271 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
What do you all think about this Cloudstar?
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:24:20 PM »
What do you all think about Cloudstar? I've read a lot of recommendations now, and I found a couple of places in this area that have them:

http://www.cloudstar.com/prodcat/chewy-tricky-trainers.asp

I'm really not sure what I think about barley though. Just another possibility of GMOs? Maybe I should just mix up some kind of paste with their own meat, and then use an icing tip to squeeze them out on the fruit leather tray of the dehydrator.

Chewy Tricky Trainers

Cheddar
LOW FAT!
Ingredients:
Barley flour, maple syrup, tapioca starch, potato flour, cheddar cheese, glycerine, natural flavor, gelatin, salt, phosphoric acid, sorbic acid (as preservatives), citric acid, mixed tocopherols (as preservative), rosemary.
Guaranteed Analysis:
crude protein (min): 9.0%
crude fat (min): 4.0%
crude fat (max): 9.0%
crude fiber (max): 4.0%
moisture (max): 30.0%

Liver
LOW FAT!
Ingredients:
Chicken liver, barley flour, potato flour, maple syrup, glycerine, tapioca starch, natural flavor, gelatin, salt, phosphoric acid, sorbic acid (as preservatives), citric acid, mixed tocopherols (as preservative), rosemary.
Guaranteed Analysis:
crude protein (min): 10.0%

Salmon
LOW FAT!
Ingredients:
Salmon, barley flour, potato flour, maple syrup, glycerine, tapioca starch, natural flavor, gelatin, salt, phosphoric acid, sorbic acid (as preservatives), citric acid, mixed tocopherols (as preservative), rosemary.
Guaranteed Analysis:
crude protein (min): 10.0%

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: What do you all think about this Cloudstar?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »
Yuck. Maple Syrup? Pure Sugar! Potato, tapioca, barely?  Pure carbs!  How could anyone train a dog hopped up on stuff like that? The dog will be too wack-a-doo to listen to anything.

Why not just use something like PureBites?    Or as you mentioned,  make your own pure protein training treats, if PureBites are too expensive. There are other brands too. Hearts, liver, all kinds of freeze dried stuff out there, all pure meats.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: What do you all think about this Cloudstar?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »
I DID see that some of the others were grain-free, but they've still got the maple syrup, etc. in them.

Purebites, well that gets expensive when you use a 1-pound bag twice a month. That would be about $66.00 for training every month. I'm going to just keep on looking. There's got to be something out there. I'm not sure I can find the time to make my own with things going the way they are with my parents, but it may end up being my best option.

Right now I'm wishing they were toy-motivated when they were puppies.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: