Author Topic: Kristen Lindsey DVM - Cat Killer  (Read 12705 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Kristen Lindsey DVM - Cat Killer
« on: April 18, 2015, 12:19:35 PM »
Please tell me this isn't really real. Just. No Words:

FB post appears to show veterinarian holding dead cat by arrow

Clinic says fired veterinarian over photo

http://www.kmbc.com/national/veterinarian-posts-fb-photo-of-cat-shot-dead/32437528
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:31:08 PM by Lola, Reason: Made subject line more appropriate. :) »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: We're in total shock. . .
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:31:19 PM »
I'm not going to look at the link, but if that's true:   :o :-X
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 10:02:54 PM »
I was able to avoid the picture.

Dr. Kristen Lindsey DVM allegedly shot an arrow into the back of an orange tabby's head and posted a proud photo this week on Facebook of herself smiling, as she dangled its limp body by the arrow's shaft.

Lindsey added a comment, CNN affiliate KBTX reported. "My first bow kill, lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head! Vet of the year award ... Gladly accepted."

Then an animal rescuer said that Lindsey's prey was probably not a feral cat but the pet of an elderly couple, who called him "Tiger." He had gone missing on Wednesday, the same day that Lindsey posted the photo of the slain cat.

It gets worse...

But others stood up for Lindsey. "She's amazing. She's caring," said customer Shannon Stoddard. "She's a good vet, so maybe her bad choice of posting something on Facebook was not good. But I don't think she should be judged for it."
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 10:17:10 PM »
 bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead

I guess it never occurred to her that some people let their cats OUTSIDE (and they don't all wear collars)!

bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:20:35 PM »
Seriously. She's got to be "mentally ill" in the truest sense of the definition. Right?

I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of world I'm living in right now since I saw that photo. Isn't there some kind of Hippocratic Oath for vets that would cover something like this?

How did someone that nutzo get through veterinary school without someone seeing her misfiring neurons for what they are?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »
This is a time where Facebook isn't a bad thing.  Her FB post showed her TRUE colors. 

"She's a good vet, but made a bad posting choice" (paraphrasing)... is that person FOR REAL?! 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »
Well I have to applaud the office for firing her immediately, but still. Why didn't anyone notice something was wrong with her?

I just can't see that she hid her true colors for any amount of time at all.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 10:31:40 AM »
Isn't there some kind of Hippocratic Oath for vets that would cover something like this?

No, veterinarians don't take the Hippocratic Oath.  I wondered that myself, years ago, when I was learning about pet food and vaccines, etc.  You can see the oath here, though notice that it was revised a couple of years ago (revisions are in bold).  However

The new oath applies only to veterinarians graduating after the Oath was revised; current practitioners (about 90,000 of them) are responsible only to the version of the Oath that they took when they graduated from vet school.

http://www.littlebigcat.com/blog/veterinarians-oath-revised/

This is the revised oath:

“Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering….”

Note that, unlike the Hippocratic Oath, it doesn't state that they will "do no harm."  >:(

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 01:11:56 PM »

Note that, unlike the Hippocratic Oath, it doesn't state that they will "do no harm."  >:(

Thank you. I hope she gets charged and sent to jail though. I doubt it, but I think she should be. I don't think what she did fell under the umbrella of, ". . .the prevention and relief of animal suffering."

Offline Pet South

• Chatter Bug
  • Because pets are family...
    • Pet South on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
She did get fired and the sheriff has called her in for questioning
Because pets are family...

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »
Hopefully she was charged with animal cruelty. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »
It said something about the D.A. not being sure if she could be charged with a felony. I don't see why she couldn't be.

It also said something about any photo could be doctored. Well why would a vet "doctor" a photo like that and put it on her own FB page?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:20:52 PM by DeeDee »

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 02:48:07 PM »
According to Sue Murphy, Austin County District Clerk, the next Grand Jury meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. You will need to contact the Criminal District Attorney’s Office at 979-865-5933 or travis.koehn@austincounty.com to inquire into the status of the case for Kristen Lindsey.

'Hare