Author Topic: Michael Vick lobbies for law to protect animals in hot cars  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Michael Vick lobbies for law to protect animals in hot cars
« on: December 08, 2015, 06:59:44 PM »
SERIOUSLY?!  He basically got away scott-free when getting caught for dog fighting.  He needs to TOTALLY step away from anything animal related.  IMHO 

NFL quarterback Michael Vick is at Pennsylvania’s state Capitol to make a pitch for legislation to help protect cats and dogs from being left in hot vehicles.

Vick visited the statehouse Tuesday to support a bill that would shield first responders from liability for any property damage they cause when rescuing animals from unattended cars and trucks. The bill also would make it a summary offense to leave a cat or dog in an unattended vehicle in extreme heat.

http://wgntv.com/2015/12/08/michael-vick-lobbies-for-law-to-protect-animals-in-hot-cars/
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Michael Vick lobbies for law to protect animals in hot cars
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 07:45:02 PM »
Community service. He's probably not done with it all.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 05:26:59 PM »
IF, and I mean IF, he's genuine about it (and I saw an interview with him where he did seem like he truly "got it" after what happened a few years ago), then I don't have a problem with it.  Not everyone is raised to think of animals the way we do, and IF he's learned from that experience and can do some good, then something positive has come out of something awful.  Just my  2cents.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 09:36:26 AM »
IF, and I mean IF, he's genuine about it (and I saw an interview with him where he did seem like he truly "got it" after what happened a few years ago), then I don't have a problem with it.  Not everyone is raised to think of animals the way we do, and IF he's learned from that experience and can do some good, then something positive has come out of something awful.  Just my  2cents.

I just can NOT imagine a person getting a thrill out of watching dogs try to kill each other.  Normally I give (at least TRY to) a person the benefit of the doubt.  Apparently, I am holding a grudge.  I hope I am wrong, and you are right. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: