Author Topic: Company Researches 2,200 Dog Food Formulas And Finds ONLY 119 To Be Satisfactory  (Read 895 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
The Reviews page says it was done in July, 2015, but I don't see it in this topic, so I'm putting it here. It's important information.

http://iheartdogs.com/company-researches-2200-dog-food-formulas-and-finds-only-119-to-be-satisfactory/

It is important to note that, just like us, each dog has individual nutritional needs based on health, exercise level, age, and any medical conditions. Many dog foods, for example, advertise they are the best because they are high in protein, however a high protein diet can actually cause issues for dogs with certain medical conditions.

“Protein is very important for your dog, but there are instances, such as old age or liver issues, where your dog should be on a lower-protein diet,” says Dog Files creator Kenn Bell. “Make sure you have a conversation with your veterinarian.” (If they're conventional vets, don't bother talking--Dee)
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Interesting reading.  I'm glad there are more articles like that out there.  Unfortunately it takes money to do these things and the only ones with money are the big pet food companies.

Tags: