Author Topic: Human Recall Bumble Bee Foods--That Might Affect SOME Pets.  (Read 1100 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Human Recall Bumble Bee Foods--That Might Affect SOME Pets.
« on: March 17, 2016, 02:07:48 PM »
 http://www.aol.com/article/2016/03/17/bumble-bee-foods-recalls-31-5

Since this is human food, but some people actually feed it to their cats, I'm posting it:

Bumble Bee Foods recalls 31,500 cases of canned Chunk Light tuna

Notice that's cases and not cans?

Bumble Bee Foods is recalling 31,500 cases of of its canned Chunk Light tuna over possible contamination issues.

The California-based company said the recall comes from "an abundance of caution." There have been no reported illnesses at the time of this publication.

However, customers are advised to throw out cans of three types of tuna because of "deviations" in the usual sterilization process. There's a chance this led to contamination by pathogens, which could be life-threatening if consumed.

The company said customers should avoid cans with codes starting with the letter T. The recalled tuna was packaged at a facility not owned or operated by Bumble Bee.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Human Recall Bumble Bee Foods--That Might Affect SOME Pets.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »
I have some cans of tuna.  I'll have to check out that info.  Thanks, DeeDee.

Edited:  None of my cans are on the recall list!   thumbsup1
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:17:21 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: bumble bee recall