Author Topic: Caru  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Caru
« on: August 19, 2016, 02:54:34 PM »
Why do Caru natural stews come in Tetra PakĀ® cartons instead of conventional cans?

Protects freshness and taste without preservatives
BPA-free packaging
Made from up to 70% paper
Easy to open, serve, close, travel with and store

We offer the only ready-to-eat dog food that is made with 100% human grade ingredients and is prepared in a human food grade facility. Thanks to this and our proprietary cooking and packaging process, Caru looks, smells and tastes more like homemade!

USDA-inspected turkey is the number one ingredient
Omega 3 and 6 Fatty acids for healthy skin and a shiny coat
High quality protein for strong muscles and a healthy heart
Fiber-rich vegetables and fruit for digestive health
Made in the USA from a family owned company
Carefully selected, 100% human grade ingredients
Grain, gluten and wheat free
Non-GMO ingredients
Formulated without artificial preservatives, flavors or colors
These recipes are prepared in small batches and processed and handled in accordance with FDA regulations for human food
Developed with a Ph.D. animal nutritionist
Looks, smells and tastes like homemade!

Ingredients list for the turkey:

Turkey, Turkey Broth, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Potatoes, Green Beans, Apples, Tapioca Starch, Sunflower Oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, Salt, Vitamins (Choline Bitartrate, DL-Alpha-Tocopherol Acetate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Cholecalciferol), Minerals (Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iodine Amino Acid Chelate, Selenium Yeast).
http://carupetfood.com
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:09:23 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Caru
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:05:13 PM »
It has been so long since I have fed canned.... I'm not sure what ingredients to avoid, other than Carrageenan (not in their ingredients list) and gums (don't see any gums either.) 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
I can only come at it from a cat point of view, but looking at those ingredients this are what I would find unacceptable:

Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Potatoes, Green Beans, Apples, Tapioca Starch, Sunflower Oil,

Now I know many people claim dogs "need" fruits and vegetables, so in that case I would want to eliminate the potatoes, the tapioca starch and the sunflower oil. Possibly the apples too.  Apples are high in sugar.

The promeblem with the statement "non GMO ingredients" is, it doesn't state that they are non-GMO Project Verified. The turkey was most likely fed GMO corn.

I do like that it is single protein.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:41:12 PM »
I looked at their dog treats. One thing I liked, several are 5% or less fat. That's something Vlad can have.

Thing I don't like, $7.01 at Chewy's for 4 oz packages. Ummm. No.

I can buy those Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs and then actually know how much potassium is in them too.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 01:23:55 PM »
I am of the "crowd" that believes some fruits and veggies are a good thing for dogs... not cats.  So, I'm good with those ingredients. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 04:57:50 PM »
I am of the "crowd" that believes some fruits and veggies are a good thing for dogs... not cats.  So, I'm good with those ingredients. 

Even the tapioca and potatoes? That's just pure starch.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 08:46:52 PM »
Some fruits and veggies.  I was responding to "Now I know many people claim dogs "need" fruits and vegetables."  Sorry for the confusion. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 07:46:54 AM »

Some fruits and veggies.  I was responding to "Now I know many people claim dogs "need" fruits and vegetables."  Sorry for the confusion. 

Nope, my mistake. Now I get it. I read the bolded line to mean you were good with all the ingredients, but you meant you were good with the fruit and veggie ingredients.

Tags: caru carupetfood