Author Topic: Pitch  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Pitch
« on: November 05, 2016, 08:17:45 PM »
Did anyone else watch it?  I rarely watch TV at all, but was looking on the TV Guide to see what the PBS movie was tonight. My eye fell on this pilot episode show on Fox so I decided to check it out.  Unfortunately it's going to be on Thursday nights at 9 pm so even if it's good I won't be able to follow it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5500158/

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Pitch
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 09:18:32 PM »
Honestly, after so many years of following around sports--baseball, football, basketball--I hate sports now, and that hasn't even been a consideration for me.

Can you watch TV on your computer(?), because most stations now have their shows online for everyone, and you can just play catch-up that way:

http://www.fox.com/pitch
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 09:59:41 PM »
It's not sports.  It's a TV drama about the first female major league baseball player. She's a pitcher.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 11:09:10 PM »
I know. It's on the fox station. But it's ABOUT sports, so I'm not going to like it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »
Okay. I don't think it's about sports though.  It's about Ginny Baker, a female major league pitcher.  I'm sure there will be some baseball, to attract the baseball fans, but it's not about baseball, it's about a female breaking into a male world. I'm not sure how far they can go with it as a TV drama actually.  Good timing to start a show like this right after the WS is over haha.

Anyway with it being on Thursday nights at 9 pm I won't be watching it. I have no patience with TV anyway, the advertisements make me crazy. I can't see myself siting in front of the computer for an hour to watch a TV show on a tiny lap top screen. No show is worth that kind of agony hahaha!

Tags: