Author Topic: Pretty Nifty If You Have Pets That Like To Share Food  (Read 1876 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Pretty Nifty If You Have Pets That Like To Share Food
« on: December 16, 2016, 05:44:42 PM »
http://odditymall.com/surefeed-pet-scanning-food-bowl

If you have problems keeping one out of the others' food, this stops them.

I just think it's nifty. I don't really think it's feasible unless someone has dogs only b/c it's not okay to leave canned food down forever. They're showing kibble in the video from what I can see.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Pretty Nifty If You Have Pets That Like To Share Food
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:48:10 PM »
I saw those!
I think if a person had to leave food out because the person is at work or whatever, it could be a good idea.  I have to wonder if the average cat or dog would be willing to stick their head though the do-hickey though. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Pretty Nifty If You Have Pets That Like To Share Food
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 06:04:54 PM »
I have to wonder if the average cat or dog would be willing to stick their head though the do-hickey though. 

Not sure how to train cats, but it would probably take some high-value treats to get most SMALL dogs to do it. And here's the thing, it's not going to feed big dogs. I don't think Vlad's head would fit in there even if he wanted it. I'm not even sure that it will feed dogs the size of Barkly.

Their previous versions are fully open, but they are motion-detection operated, and will open for anything that gets near it. I really think this is only going to help cats or maybe ferrets.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: