Author Topic: Not everyone can feed their pet fresh food so it's best to add these 3 things  (Read 609 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
"Not everyone can feed their pet fresh food so it's best to add these 3 things to your pet's dry food diet to improve its nutritional value."

Dr. Karen Becker of Mercola Healthy Pets

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
She loses credibility saying things like "if you can't afford to feed anything else". She's implying that bag of Dad's that contains no meat whatsoever, but plenty of sugar, is okay to feed your dog because you've decided it's the only thing you can afford.

She could have provided this information without saying it's okay to feed that crap.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Just my two cents. 

Many people REFUSE to feed anything close to a species appropriate diet.  The number one excuse (that I hear) is "I can't afford..."  In reality they don't WANT to afford.  They don't want to be inconvenienced in the slightest.  They don't want to change their routine.  They don't want to be educated.  They don't want to know the damage they are doing to their pets.  They don't want to be know that their pets are only surviving, not thriving.  Oh, but they LOVE their pets SO much.  Grrr

By choosing the words, "If all you can afford," Karen Becker is keeping the lines of communication open with those people.  By not slamming the door shut, those people will hear EVERYTHING else she has to say about species appropriate diets.  AND she has a lot of friends and acquaintances that are educating people about species appropriate diets.  Eventually, the info will sink in for some.  Some is better then none. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:44:31 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
By choosing the words, "If all you can afford," Karen Becker is keeping the lines of communication open with those people.

I don't agree.  They will not hear anything except "it is okay to feed your pet that bag of crap".  Now they can feel good about it. "Dr Becker, a holistic vet, says it's okay to feed my pet this bag of crap". They will look no further than that.

When people don't stand by their convictions, their convictions lose all credibility.

She could have given the information about the supplements without giving validation to those who pretend they "can't afford anything better" .

Tags: