This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > General Discussion

Smoking - Quit Date

(1/7) > >>

Lola:
Yeah, I am one of them.  Some might be surprised, disappointed, not like me anymore, etc.  I get it. 

Anyway, (health reasons and such aside) smoking consumes waaaaaaay to much of my mental time.  I've tried to quit once.  I wasn't successful by choice.  I say "choice"... because I just came up with one excuse after another. 

I'm publicly shaming myself in order to add an additional factor, in order to help me stay quit.

My quit date is November 12.  No special reason, other then I will start Chantix on Nov. 5... smoke for a week... get through physical withdrawals.... then DONE. 

Yes, I know the risks that come with Chantix.  BTDT 

I am also currently reading Alan Carr's book:  Easy Way To Stop Smoking
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0615482155/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

Alan Carr's approach/suggestions are like no other.  His book is what inspired me to get serious...stop jerking around. 

DeeDee:
clapping1 clapping1 clapping1 clapping1 GO LOLA! clapping1 clapping1 clapping1 clapping1

Middle Child:
 DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Ex-smoker since September 16, 1999. I used Zyban and the nicotine patch.  My sister and I quit together.  .  I won't share my experience unless you ask.

My sister and I relied very heavily on each other for support

We're here for you!!!

Pookie:
I'm so proud of you!!!!!  Go Lola . . . Go Lola . . . Go Lola . . .

You can do this . . . you can do this . . . you can do this . . .

multistars multistars multistars

My sister quit.  Basically, she just cut down on them gradually until she didn't need them anymore.  I have no idea how hard/easy it was for her, but I did send her flowers when I found out.   FlowersGif

You CAN do this         You CAN do this              You CAN do this                     You CAN do this

Lola:
Good job, MC!!!!!!  You can share whatever you want to.

Thank you all for not spitting on me.  :) 
Thanks more for the encouragement.

I work with an awesome lady, who happens to also smoke.  She recently said, "If you are going to quit, I think I will too."  Guess I have a quit buddy! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version