Author Topic: Wasn't there an on line store that lets you buy single cans?  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Wasn't there an on line store that lets you buy single cans?
« on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:40 PM »
Anyone remember what it was?  I am still searching for an organic canned food for "emergencies" that Mazy cat can eat.

I've been looking at the Organix again.  It still has stuff I don't like, it's pea heavy, for instance and flaxseed cranberries and carrots I am not thrilled with.  But it doesn't have carrageenan or menadione sodium bisulfate.

It's not like she'll be eating it regularly. I just need something she can keep down, in case of power failure, for instance.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Wasn't there an on line store that lets you buy single cans?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:32:16 PM »
https://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Weruva-Grain-Free-Canned-Cat-Food/278000.aspx

That site lets you at least buy Weruva by the can. Didn't go searching through all the brands though.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:41:01 PM »
Thanks Dee!  I was just coming back to say I found the original thread about it.  It turns out though that they don't carry the organix brand. Just as well.  Since Petsmart bought them out I'd rather not give Petsmart my money anyway

I bought a case of the Castor & Pollux Organix turkey pate on Amazon.  It wil be slow going introducing it to Mazy cat so I'll be having to throw some away each time I open a can, since I don't want Jennie and Queen Eva eating too much of it either. Not that there's anything bad (except all the peas)  I opted for the turkey over the chicken because the peas start just one ingredient lower on the list.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 06:02:02 PM »
I can't keep up with who owns what anymore. I'm just glad someone I don't hate didn't buy Vitacost. I get just about all of my baking goods from there because stores around here are twice the price if they have it at all, and I HATE driving so far to the stores that actually have it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 08:27:21 PM »
I remember Organix being in our rotation at one time.  That's all I can remember though!   Silly7
Good luck!!!!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 05:24:47 AM »
In the middle of the night I got up and changed the order to the 3 oz cans.  It's not that much less expensive, but I don't care.  I'd be throwing away a lot of food if I used the 5.5 oz cans, at least while I am trying to see if she can eat it and keep it down.

They have good certification now, USDA verified organic AND, more importantly (a certification I trust more than USDA) non-GMO Project Verified.  That is new this year.

I'll start a thread in the brands section.

wait a minute.....only the chicken is labeled with the non-GMO Project Verified stamp.  What the hell. The turkey has the USDA organic stamp but not the non-GMO stamp.

I have written to ask them.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 05:39:58 AM »
Oh no.  I'd forgotten that Purina owns this company now. Cripes, there is nowhere to turn any more.  I have GOT to have a canned food for Mazy cat for emergencies.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 09:47:57 PM »
Oh no.  I'd forgotten that Purina owns this company now. Cripes, there is nowhere to turn any more.  I have GOT to have a canned food for Mazy cat for emergencies.

Say it with me:  We do the best we can . . .  HeadButt HeadButt Hug1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 04:44:49 AM »
It galls me to give money to Purina though.

Organix claims they operate completely independently still. Getting the non-GMO Project Verification is quite an ordeal to get I believe.  So I have to trust they are okay.  I just wish there weren't so many peas in it. But Mazy cat seemed okay with the peas in the By Nature, so I can't worry about that.  I've got to have a food.

I hope this one works.  I ordered both the chicken and the turkey, in 3 ounce cans.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 09:28:38 PM »
 fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: