Author Topic: Kentucky neighborhood bans 11+ dog breeds. . .  (Read 153 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Kentucky neighborhood bans 11+ dog breeds. . .
« on: April 09, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »
I've turned the text red on the breeds in this list that our insurance company bans. I just bet you that if I had Vlad up there, BRTs would be on this list too because of complaining people. You KNOW that's what started all this new list. Complaining people.

According to the deed of restrictions for McConnell’s Trace Subdivision, the banned breeds are as follows:

German Shepherds
Rottweilers

Mastiffs
Doberman Pinschers
Pit Bulls (including American Staffordshire Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and “any dogs containing characteristics of these breeds”)
My insurance just says, "Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Terriers or 'Pit Bull Types'."
Huskies
Alaskan Malamutes
Chows
Great Danes
St. Bernards
Akitas

The rest of the story is at: http://www.kentucky.com/news/nation-world/national/article208324329.html
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Kentucky neighborhood bans 11+ dog breeds. . .
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:14:44 AM »
 Doh1  bangshead

I hope they all pack up, sell, and move out leaving the developer with an empty development on his hands.

Asinine.

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 07:00:18 AM »
Apparently the subdivision goes back to 2000. Without digging around - is it still completely in developer hands or is he just calling a bluff?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »
The developer set these new restrictions, and the neighborhood association (I'm not clear on whether or not this is the same as a HOA.) had nothing to do with it.

"Homeowners in McConnell’s Trace were sent letters by the neighborhood developer detailing a change in an existing dog restriction, which previously referred only to unspecified “aggressive breeds,” said Josh McCurn, president of the area’s neighborhood association.

"“As the president, I’ve reached out to the neighbors and said I would be happy to have a one to one sit-down with them ... and relay any message to the developer,” McCurn said.

There is also a semi-annual meeting for the McConnell’s Trace Neighborhood Association scheduled in late May, according to the association’s Facebook page.

McCurn himself owns a Doberman and two other dogs, but said that to his understanding current animals and their owners would be grandfathered in."

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:45:13 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 01:50:06 PM »
In most newer developments the developer implements an HOA which is also part of a property's title. Generally there are specifications as to when the developer turns the property over to HOA. Translated - he is moving out, his lots are built up. Changing covenants is not the stroke of a pen but requires approval (standard is an owner quorum), legal action, modification of deeds, ....

Tags:

'Hare