Author Topic: I think I've finally found an oil I can use  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
I think I've finally found an oil I can use
« on: June 09, 2018, 08:21:22 AM »
I kept meaning to start a thread asking for help finding a decent non-GMO cooking oil that has a high heat ability. The conventional vegetable oils are just murder on me.  The only thing I use it for is my weekly popcorn, but still I just want to get away from all that GMO soy.

I've tried a few other oils, including an organic safflower oil (that went rancid long before I was able to use it up) but most of them I can't stand the taste.  It has to be a high heat oil.

Then I found a grape seed oil, non-GMO, high heat!  The taste is so light as to be unnoticeable, so we'll see how I do on it.

https://www.pompeian.com/products/other-oils/grapeseed-oil

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: I think I've finally found an oil I can use
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »
Glad you found something.  As far as popcorn, have you ever considered an air popcorn popper?  We had one a bazillion years go.  It did what it was supposed to do. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 04:22:35 PM »
Thanks, no I like my popcorn popped in oil on the stove. When I was looking for that link this morning I discovered that I paid way too much for that bottle at my usual grocery store.  Walmart has it $3 cheaper, so next time I will get it there.  I only use it once a week so a bottle of cooking oil lasts me months.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 08:23:48 AM »
Works really well in salad dressing. Please buy the smallest bottle you can get.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »
Works really well in salad dressing. Please buy the smallest bottle you can get.

Why?  They didn't have a small bottle, just the 24 oz size. That will take approximately 3-4 months to be used up. Maybe a little longer, I'm not sure how much oil I use per popcorn batch.  A couple of tablespoons maybe.

I did mark the date I opened it so I will know (I always do that, with everything)

Tags: