Author Topic: GA grandmother bloodied in bobcat attack, fights it off with her bare hands  (Read 830 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Someone's getting rabies shots:

A woman suffered two bites and several scratches after a rabid bobcat attacked her in a northeast Georgia county.

The incident happened June 7 around 6:15 pm on Liberty Church Road, when Hart County deputies responded to reports of a woman calling for help. Police arrived to find DeDe Phillips, who was covered in blood, holding the bobcat down on the ground by the throat.

The police report said blood was running down Phillips's face, arms and legs.

Phillip's saw the bobcat under her SUV. "I snapped a picture and about that time the bobcat took two or three steps and leapt," she said.

Photos and rest of story at: http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/38435872/ga-grandmother-bloodied-in-bobcat-attack-fights-it-off-with-her-bare-hands
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Moral of the story:  Leave wild animals alone.  Doh1

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Moral of the story:  Leave wild animals alone.  Doh1

Or "don't take pictures of camera-shy bobcats . . . "

I hope she's ok!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
I just can't muster much sympathy for someone who would do something that stupid.  With a grandchild left in the house, besides. I do have sympathy for her family though.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
What happened to the poor cat?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
The cat had to have been killed.  It's the only way to diagnose rabies.  Rabies is fatal so cat was dying anyway. Woman should have called the police, not tried to take a picture.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
I could see me not thinking things through and taking a picture.  Thinking maybe I was far enough away from the animal... or that my presence would spook it and it would run off. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: