Author Topic: The Great Escape!  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
The Great Escape!
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:45:26 AM »
I was bringing Sparky (dog) back inside yesterday, when THREE cats ran out while the backdoor was open...I didn't shut the door all the way.   bangshead  We only have one cat that tries to get outside once in a while...and she wasn't one of the escapees.  

I didn't know what to do...shut the door to keep the others inside (the rest of the felines were all at the door watching), grab the cats that were outside (didn't know if they would jump the fence, climb a tree, etc) or grab Sparky.  

I decided to close the door first.  With 3 cats running around the backyard, Sparky wasn't sure which one to chase.  That gave me a litttttle time.  I grabbed Leonard...put him back inside.  Grabbed Arrows...put him back inside.  Lucy Goose took off running full speed...THAT got Sparky's attention BIG TIME.

By now, my son is outside to help.  Lucy ran back towards the door...it was closed.  She kept jumping at the closed door.  I had Sparky's attention. Son went to open door...Lucy bit him (what gratitude!) and then went inside. Thankfully, it was just a "warning" bite.  

90 seconds of total terror...
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: The Great Escape!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »
Boy am I glad this has a happy ending.  I felt almost as much terror reading it.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: The Great Escape!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »
Boy am I glad this has a happy ending.  I felt almost as much terror reading it.

It was pretty scary.  Total chaos for a few minutes. They ALL knew they were being naughty too...that is what added to the "excitement." 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: