Author Topic: Make Sure You Check Your Receipts B 4 you leave the store  (Read 1033 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
Make Sure You Check Your Receipts B 4 you leave the store
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »
When I buy anything, pet or human, I memorize the advertised price on the shelf, then check the receipt, to make sure they charged the correct price, especially, if the item is marked on sale.

Went to the grocery store tonight, checked my receipt, they charged me $21 for something. Took all the groceries to the cust serv lady, and asked, what is this, that they charged me $21. I knew the only meat I bought, was on sale for $8, and another one for $4, seemed my bill was way higher than it should have been, I am usually pretty close.

Turned out, they charged full price for the one meat item, and, they charged me for 2, I only got one.  I seem to come across this pretty frequently, in the grocery store, not being charged the sale price, but first time I got charged for more items, than I actually got.

So, always, check your receipts, before you leave the store. If the person is buying alot of items, they might not notice, being charged wrong, pretty good racket they got, m-o-l.  :D

TexasFlag bumpgif christmas7 Christmas13 christmas6 Christmas9 Christmas11

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Re: Make Sure You Check Your Receipts B 4 you leave the store
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 02:08:55 AM »
Has happened to me on a few occasions, though the last one was crazy!! they charged me 10$ deposit on each bottle of Soda I bought, costing me 30$ in deposit for 3 bottles of soda, lol!! but I caught it after I got home, lol! So I got my money back and the pop free :)
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 07:39:02 AM »
I too, always keep my receipts for awhile, especially the pet food ones, ya never know. Just a reminder, if, you should have an issue, ALWAYS keep the evidence.  That hotel paid his vet bill, and caved, when I said, oh by the way, my vet has the chore boy, and my next call, is to the police.  The hotel manager yanked it out of my hand. He knew, how valuable that evidence was. I yanked it back, I said my vet needs to see, what he chewed up.  I didn't know, at that time, how valuable, that chore boy really was, made the difference.  thumbsup1 TexasFlag bumpgif Christmas13   

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »
Humans run registers.  Humans run computers.  I expect a mistake here and there.  The stores/companies that have CONSTANT errors...I'm not a repeat customer. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: