Author Topic: Whose birthday is it?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Whose birthday is it?
« on: December 03, 2016, 08:46:13 AM »
 birthday4 birthday7 birthday1

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Whose birthday is it?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »
LOL. Thank you! I'm about to start getting dressed for some fun this afternoon! Yeah. It's going to take me forever since I'm actually wearing full make-up today and haven't done that in ages. We have to leave between 12:00-12:30.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 10:14:19 AM »
LOL. Thank you! I'm about to start getting dressed for some fun this afternoon! Yeah. It's going to take me forever since I'm actually wearing full make-up today and haven't done that in ages. We have to leave between 12:00-12:30.

I wasn't sure if you wanted it made public.  I'll fix it.  :)

Have FUN today!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:18:47 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
 birthday4 partyballoons partyballoons partyballoons birthday7 Birthday3 birthday1 birthday6 birthday5 birthday3 birthday2 birthday2 birthday2 birthday2 birthday2

Have a great time!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 05:56:21 PM »
Thank you all! The Grinch was awesome! Well except for the part where the snow machines toward the end of the play have left something on my black sweater that looks like dandruff. I'll go over it tomorrow with a lint roller. Whatever that snow is, it sort of melts and sort of stays. I don't want to even think about what it might be made of to leave residue. But it was ridiculously fun anyway.

Parking at that place is a nightmare though. Bass Pro Shops on the other side of the mall always has a big thing for kids; then there's the Opry Mills Mall with it's IMAX theater straight across from Grand Ole Opry; all the kids activities at Opryland Hotel; the ice sculpture place; the ice-skating rink; the snow tubing. Metro police and security guards everywhere to help direct people and traffic. It honestly reminds me of the crowds at Opryland before they closed it and took it apart.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 10:12:59 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed the Grinch!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 07:14:34 AM »
The first thing I thought of this morning was 'How was the Grinch"?  I hope it really was wonderful as you expected!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 10:36:56 AM »
I hope it really was wonderful as you expected!

It really was. They had the whole audience sing "You're a mean one. . .," and the snow and exploding streamers toward the end just put the fun level past ten to twenty. Plus, at the finale, all the Whos were coming out and dancing down the aisles where we were. Their costumes and hair were over the top awesome! I wish that photos were allowed.

I was glad I wasn't any closer than the 7th row though, b/c they had some amazing shoes, and I wouldn't have been able to see them at all if we'd been closer. I'd probably have liked it just a little bit better if we were at about row 9 from the stage. Also, I'm not sure I'd have liked the Grinch being able to reach me, and luckily, he never went into the audience past the 3rd row. The way he jumped at people to scare them already had me jumping out of my skin.

I'm really so glad that I got to see it FINALLY. Especially since it's the last year it's going to be here. They stopped the Rockettes a couple of years ago, and now they've stopped the Grinch. I wonder what they'll have starting next year?

Tags: