Author Topic: Want To See What A Vegan Diet Does To A Carnivore?  (Read 691 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Want To See What A Vegan Diet Does To A Carnivore?
« on: March 08, 2018, 11:47:43 PM »
Fennec foxes eat rodents, insects, birds, rabbits, and eggs, but this one doesn’t. For years, vegan blogger Sonia Sae has been raising her pet fox Jumanji on a vegan diet, and it has developed all sorts of health problems. Recently, however, a few people worked hard to spread the word about this behavior they call abusive, and the internet is infuriated.

According to experts, a fennec’s diet in the wild is comprised of about 90% animals and insects while the remaining 10% consists of various plants they dig up. Naturally, they need a lot of protein when living in captivity as well. Forcing her omnivore Jumanji on a vegan menu only, Sae has probably messed up its entire nutrition. For example, fennecs really need calcium and taurine. The latter is an organic compound that’s widely distributed in animal tissues. Without it, these big-eared creatures will probably develop reproductive and heart problems. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Finish reading and see before and after photos here:

https://www.boredpanda.com/fennec-fox-vegan-diet-animal-abuse-jumanji-sonia-sae/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Want To See What A Vegan Diet Does To A Carnivore?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »
I SO didn't want to look.  I knew I would regret it.  Yet... I did. 
If this is true, and alllll over the Internet...why hasn't that poor animal been removed from her custody?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:07:19 AM »
I SO didn't want to look.  I knew I would regret it.  Yet... I did. 
If this is true, and alllll over the Internet...why hasn't that poor animal been removed from her custody?

I don't know. I thought something in there said that she'd been reported. It made me so sad to see that poor thing, but it was one of the best warnings that I've ever seen to not feed a carnivore a vegetarian diet of any sort.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »
I am speechless!
Please read the article in 03/2018 Smithsonian about the wild hamsters of France.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 10:30:29 PM »
Want To See What A Vegan Diet Does To A Carnivore?

No.  I absolutely don't.  Sorry, but I can't bring myself to read more than what was posted, or look at those pictures.  I need to be able to sleep tonight and not melt the snow off my roof from the steam that would be coming out of my ears.

What I'm slightly curious about is, what is she doing having a fennel fox as a pet in the first place?

Exactly!

Sadly, since that poor creature has been getting that "diet" for years, there's probably no reversing the damage at this point.  Ugh, people make me sick sometimes.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: