Author Topic: Looks like I'll be eating eggs all week for supper  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Looks like I'll be eating eggs all week for supper
« on: February 02, 2019, 01:04:58 PM »
Rats. I went grocery shopping and wondered why I didn't have eggs on the list as I was sure I needed them.  When I got home I discovered a whole new unused carton already in the fridge.

So it's going to be eggs for supper nightly this week.

Unfortunately I DID forget BREAD, so no toast with my eggs all week. Bread was on the list, but somehow I still forgot it.  Probably too worried about the eggs.

Sigh.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Looks like I'll be eating eggs all week for supper
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »
I'll trade you frozen fruit for eggs.  ;)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 04:45:54 PM »
Bake some bread or biscuits, use crackers, go and get some bread, use Amazon same day delivery, bake cinnamon buns and make bread pudding, ...
Eggs actually freeze somewhat ok, omletts keep a couple of days in the fridge and eggs do not go bad in a week.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 05:09:07 PM »
Bake some bread or biscuits, use crackers, go and get some bread, use Amazon same day delivery, bake cinnamon buns and make bread pudding, ...
Eggs actually freeze somewhat ok, omletts keep a couple of days in the fridge and eggs do not go bad in a week.

I can't make bread pudding, no bread silly!   Silly7

No, I won't go to the store again. That's beyond my capabilities. Since the triscuit were on sale I happened to buy two extra boxes so I can eat egg salad on triscuits a night or two.  I can also have hard boiled eggs in salad a couple of nights. Scrambled eggs CAN be eaten without toast, but it really isn't any fun that way is it? 

No eggs don't go bad in a week, but I normally take 3 weeks to use a dozen eggs, and I have two dozen eggs here. The carton already here expires February 17, and the new carton expires February 22.  I know eggs can be eaten past the expire date and I don't mind for myself, but I don't give my cats expired products, so that first carton has to be used up in a hurry.

I'll trade you frozen fruit for eggs.  ;)

Haha!  But the frozen fruits you listed aren't ones I would want.  I already have cherries and blueberries in the freezer. I suppose I could TRY the peaches.  I like peaches but never buy them because I can't pick out good ones.  And I am hesitant to try the frozen ones in case I don't like them. Sometimes I buy a can of them.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 08:41:03 AM »
Knock on a neighbor's door or leave them in the lunchroom at work with a note. You go to the store once a month?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 08:50:18 AM »
Knock on a neighbor's door or leave them in the lunchroom at work with a note. You go to the store once a month?

I appreciate your efforts!

I go to the store once a week. I already went this week, yesterday.  I am not going out today, and do not have the energy to stop after work on a week night.

I cannot afford to not use the eggs. I paid for them, and they must be eaten.  This week's suppers will feature eggs, with no toast, that's all.  Silly7

PS I do not live in the kind of neighborhood where you knock on a neighbor's door.  ;D

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 05:54:27 AM »
6 eggs to go.  Oh and I was wrong about the expire date.  I have until 2/27. So the panic is over. whew.  I am pretty tired of eggs though.  funny2

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 12:29:31 PM »
Make a savory custard to add to broth, plain egg drop soup (the trick is adding a bit of corn starch slurry to the broth), sweet custard as desert for dinner.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 02:31:01 PM »
Make a savory custard to add to broth, plain egg drop soup (the trick is adding a bit of corn starch slurry to the broth), sweet custard as desert for dinner.

Seriously?  lol
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 08:42:12 AM »
Seriously?  lol
You can use a packet Knox gelatin or good homemade broth as well. Slurry is the cheap and quick fix.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »

LOL that all sounds like far too much work.  I'm more of a scrambled, or hard boiled or cracker egg type of woman.

In fact I've just had a cracker egg. Delicious! 3 eggs left to be used before Wednesday. .

Tags: