Author Topic: Secret vices  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Secret vices
« on: July 01, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
The idea for this thread occurred to me about five minutes ago as I picked up my plate and licked all the left over maple syrup from it.

I don't normally do things like that, but I made the french toast because I was craving something sweet.  The only thing sweet in the house is maple syrup. I like maple syrup on oatmeal and cream of wheat too, but those seemed like too much work and I had a couple slices of old bread in the freezer that needed to be used up.

It was really yummy, but after I ate the two pieces of french toast there was still a LOT of syrup left on my plate.  I was still craving the sweet, and of course can't let an expensive food like that go to waste.  I tried scraping the leftover up with my fork but it wasn't working too well so I picked up my plate, held it in front of my face and licked it clean.  Even as I was doing it I felt sort of shocked at myself for doing such a thing, LOL.

So, fess up, what's YOUR little habit you might do alone at home, but wouldn't do in public? (ummm..keep it clean people,  ;D)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Secret vices
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:44:49 PM »
The idea for this thread occurred to me about five minutes ago as I picked up my plate and licked all the left over maple syrup from it.

You are sooooooooooooooooo funny.  I'm laughing so hard, I can't read the rest of your post...
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
I have been known to lick my ice cream bowl.  I don't have it very often, so when I do...I'm not wasting ANY of it. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »
Well it's good to know I'm not the only dish licker in the forum, LOL.  I don't have ice cream very often either, but when I do, I eat the entire carton in a matter of hours. And I mean the big ones (that used to be a half gallon, but are smaller than that now) which is why I don't have it often.

Another secret vice, haha.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 11:41:15 AM »
I always find it "funny" that the pints of ice cream state they are 3 or 4 servings.  Yeah, riiiiiiight! 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »
I'm another plate licker when it comes to the maple syrup.  My whole family does it so I consider that normal.   :)  Hey, it takes a lot of work to make maple syrup!  Why let it go to waste?  That's my story and I'm stickin' with it.   :D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »
I'm thinking maybe there should be an area, on this forum, JUST for plate lickers.   :-*

Offline Kittymom4

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 09:17:07 AM »
Not so much a plate licker here.  However when we make fudge at the holidays I am sooo a pot licker.  Sadly there is a picture of me (somewhere) with the entire wooden spoon in my mouth.  It's very flattering  :(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »

funny2

Not so much a plate licker here.  However when we make fudge at the holidays I am sooo a pot licker.  Sadly there is a picture of me (somewhere) with the entire wooden spoon in my mouth.  It's very flattering  :(

Tags: