Author Topic: Friskies 7  (Read 3241 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Friskies 7
« on: March 16, 2015, 02:21:11 PM »
"For cats. By Cats."

It looks like Beneful. Is that what it is? Beneful for cats? yuk
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Friskies 7
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »
It is kibble.
It is made by Purina.
Even if it wasn't kibble or made by Purina...the ingredients!  OH.MY.GOSH!!!  How does it get classified as food...

Ingredients
Ground yellow corn, corn gluten meal, chicken by-product meal, soybean meal, beef tallow preserved with mixed-tocopherols, animal liver flavor, turkey by-product meal, meat and bone meal, phosphoric acid, salt, salmon meal, tuna meal, calcium carbonate, added color, choline chloride, shrimp meal, cheese, potassium chloride, taurine, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, Yellow 5, manganese sulfate, DL-Methionine, Red 40, niacin, copper sulfate, Blue 2, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, Yellow 6, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite. A-6006

https://www.friskies.com/cat-food/dry-cat-food/friskies-7

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 04:28:27 PM »
Yep. Those ingredients sound about like the ones in Beneful. They've made Beneful for cats!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 04:33:37 PM »
The only thing that "food" is missing is the cousin to anti-freeze... Propylene Glycol.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »
They used all of the PG in the Dog version of Beneful. sarcasmalert Didn't you hear there's a shortage now?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 04:54:52 PM »
The Beneful ingredients... if you want to compare.

Ground Yellow Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Wheat Flour, Animal Fat Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols (Form of Vitamin E), Rice Flour, Beef, Soy Flour, Sugar, Propylene Glycol, Meat and Bone Meal, Tricalcium Phosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Salt, Water, Animal Digest, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Potassium Chloride, Dried Carrots, Dried Peas, Calcium Propionate (A Preservative), L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Choline Chloride, Added Color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 2), Dl-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Carbonate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Garlic Oil, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Selenite. Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (Min): 25.0%; Crude Fat (Min) 10.0%; Crude Fiber (Max): 4.0%; Moisture (Max): 14.0%; Linoleic Acid (Min): 1.5%; Calcium (Ca) (Min): 1.1%; Iron (Fe) (Min): 175 Mg/Kg; Selenium (Se) (Min): 0.2 Mg/Kg; Vitamin A (Min): 10,000 IU/Kg; Vitamin 3 (Min): 100 IU/Kg.

Among all the other "wonderful" ingredients, this one does have the Proplyene Glycol.  Purina never lets me down.   ::)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 05:38:11 PM »
Yes, it is just "beneful" for cats.  Both disgusting purina products.

How does it get classified as food...

it's not.  Pet food is classified as "feed".

That's how they get away with it.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 05:39:15 PM »
I found it! Tell me this (watch at about 10 seconds and onward), seriously, tell me this doesn't look like Beneful in a bowl!

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7aQO/friskies-7-taste-kitchen

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 05:40:21 PM »
Yes. We must have posted at the same time, I'm right above your post. :)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »
I wonder if it's all the food coloring that makes them so "Frisky" when they eat it? They're just having ADD attacks.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »
Just makes you sick doesn't it

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 05:51:01 PM »
I found it! Tell me this (watch at about 10 seconds and onward), seriously, tell me this doesn't look like Beneful in a bowl!

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7aQO/friskies-7-taste-kitchen

I can't watch...

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »
Just makes you sick doesn't it

I still don't understand why they put colors in cat and dog food when the scent/taste is all that matters to them.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 06:09:44 PM »
Because Big Pet Food assumes that the average consumer is an idiot.  They don't read labels, they look at pictures and product. They know the brand name, and they think the food has to be nutritious since it has all these different colors to it.

Those are who these foods are market to.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
Oh yeah, corn meal, soybean meal . . . yum, sign me up for that!  NOT!   >:D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: