Author Topic: Pearl Harbor Day still living in infamy  (Read 785 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Pearl Harbor Day still living in infamy
« on: December 07, 2015, 02:50:58 PM »
On the afternoon of Dec. 7, 1941, Murray Price was riding through the countryside with friends in Lexington County.

Murray, then 20, and a female friend were entertaining a young married couple from Knoxville, Tenn., who had come to the area to see the sights.

The female friend, Frances, had picked him up just after lunch, and the four drove out from Lexington across the Lake Murray Dam to Ballentine, then down U.S. 76 into Columbia.

As they reached downtown at the 1800 block of Main Street 74 years ago today, Price said a “news butch” stood outside the old Jefferson Hotel hawking newspapers. “Extra! Extra! Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor in Hawaii!” Price recalled the cry.

“That was the first I heard about it.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/military/article48354040.html#storylink=cpy

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Pearl Harbor Day still living in infamy
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »
The Pearl Harbor survivor who witnessed the attack while an ensign assigned to the USS Arizona will be reunited with his shipmates during an interment ceremony Monday on the 74th anniversary of the event.

snip...

“Since I was an officer in there and I had men under me, and some of those young fellas didn't have much money, so I loaned them some money," Langdell said. "So when I'm buried, I'm going down there. And one of the reasons is those fellas owe me money, and by God, I'm going to get it.”

http://www.azfamily.com/story/30685823/last-surviving-officer-of-uss-arizona-to-be-interred-on-74th-anniversary-of-pearl-harbor-attack
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: