Author Topic: Author Sue Grafton has died  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Author Sue Grafton has died
« on: December 29, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
 :'(

https://www.facebook.com/SueGrafton/?hc_ref=ARSJllx4FsneGtI8_0NJXXYayO-yZLiQ_jgiXzWJmzgbc2SiCoh2sxbzaGCxISgTBZ4&fref=nf

Hello Dear Readers. This is Sue's daughter, Jamie. I am sorry to tell you all that Sue passed away last night after a two year battle with cancer. She was surrounded by family, including her devoted and adoring husband Steve. Although we knew this was coming, it was unexpected and fast. She had been fine up until just a few days ago, and then things moved quickly. Sue always said that she would continue writing as long as she had the juice. Many of you also know that she was adamant that her books would never be turned into movies or TV shows, and in that same vein, she would never allow a ghost writer to write in her name. Because of all of those things, and out of the deep abiding love and respect for our dear sweet Sue, as far as we in the family are concerned, the alphabet now ends at Y.

These are the only detective/mystery genre books I have ever cared to read.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Author Sue Grafton has died
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 04:46:58 PM »
Grafton publicly stated that the final novel in the series would be titled "Z" Is for Zero but did not live to complete it.
   :(
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »
Yeah. The alphabet ends at Y in heaven.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 05:28:38 PM »
I read Y for the first time this fall.  The others of course I've read may times, and I do have my favorites.  The only one I will not read again is X.  I didn't care for it at all. I read them in order, but X can be skipped as there isn't anything in it that would be crucial to Y.  There is a picture of Grafton in the All Purpose Black Dress, on her FB page.  ;D

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
From reading her FB page... I assume her readers didn't know she had cancer.  ?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
NBC Evening News just had a video playing the greats we've all lost this year. They had her in the list.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 05:55:13 PM »
You are actually able to watch the "news?"   DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 07:49:56 PM »
You are actually able to watch the "news?"   DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Kind of need to since we needed to watch the weather. They've been spraying brine on the roads all day. I don't think it's really supposed to get us at this last report that changed from the past couple of days. But I guess spraying brine today is better than making road crews work on a holiday and get paid triple-time.

Tags: