Author Topic: I do believe this is because. . .  (Read 755 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
I do believe this is because. . .
« on: June 23, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »
I do believe my problem has to do with the Internet privacy act running out of steam.

Recently, in the past couple of months, I've started getting more and more Spam thrown into my "important personal and purchase" email account. My Comcast account. It's gotten to a crazy amount now, and it never happened before.

Today I remembered the act was running at some point, and I decided to go looking in my account settings, and lo' and behold, there's a new section in there.

Communications & Ad Preferences
Get email alerts and text message notifications for payments, purchases, and internet security.
Manage

That Ad Preferences bit is the problem. I've gone in and opted out (in 2 different sections that required reading fine print), but I've got a sneaky suspicion that everyone might start getting that garbage from their ISPs. So, you might want to go look at some of your settings and if necessary, opt out of them the way I've done today. Especially if you're a Comcast or Cox customer.

I expect Spam in my other "trash" accounts that I have, but I don't expect it in that Comcast account. We'll see if the garbage stops now.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: I do believe this is because. . .
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 10:36:06 AM »
I'll check my settings, but so far so good.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: