Author Topic: Dot?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
Re: Dot?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 03:18:06 PM »
Did you figure out more fun you can have with DOT?

I'm still learning.  There are some fun questions you can ask, especially if you are a fan of sci-fi-ish pop culture references.  (Try a couple of classic Star Trek commands.)  Mostly I have used it to listen to music or sleep sounds.  I've also asked the temp outside, for news headlines, and for weight conversions when I was making cat food.  One cool thing is access to all music on Amazon, it's $3.99/month, definitely worth it.  I haven't used it to ask my phone to call people, and probably won't.  I don't talk on the phone that much.  You can ask her to play a game, and there are several, but I have just now started exploring them.

J liked hers so much that she ordered the full-sized Echo, which has amazingly good sound quality for such a small device, to put in the living room.  Then she got a speaker to fit upgrade the dot in her bedroom, decided it isn't as good as the full-sized model, ordered another full-size to replace it, and is giving me the speaker for mine.  We also got one for the screened porch, just a dot, and mostly to use as an intercom, although I will probably listen to music on it, too.  I spend a lot of time out there when the weather is nice. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
I watched it twice and didn't see Drew Barrymore.  ?

She appears at 0:08

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 09:47:47 PM »
She appears at 0:08

These are the people I see at 08 and 09.  Not being jerky, I just totally don't see her.   Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 10:06:45 PM »
That woman with the brown hair and tan shirt, that's Drew Barrymore. at about :20 you can really tell, by her expressions and voice. Either that or a remarkable impression of her.

Did you ever see Big Miracle? That's what her in this clip reminds me of. More towards the 20 second mark.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »
I googled just for fun... cuz it is driving me crazy.  lol. BUT maybe I haven't seen her in awhile. 

Here's a look at the Amazon Alexa commercial from Super Bowl LII between the AFC champion New England Patriots and the NFC champion Philadelphia Eagles.

The commercial stars Cardi B, Anthony Hopkins, Gordon Ramsay and Rebel Wilson with an appearance from Amazon boss Jeff Bezos.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2018/02/03/watch-super-bowl-alexa-commercial-cardi-b-anthony-hopkins-gordon-ramsay-rebel-wilson/304188002/

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 10:16:24 PM »
That woman with the brown hair and tan shirt, that's Drew Barrymore. at about :20 you can really tell, by her expressions and voice. Either that or a remarkable impression of her.

Did you ever see Big Miracle? That's what her in this clip reminds me of. More towards the 20 second mark.

I don't think I have every watched Big Miracle... doesn't sound familiar.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 08:22:20 AM »
I don't think I have every watched Big Miracle... doesn't sound familiar.

Big Miracle is one of my absolute favorite movies. Mainly because of the Barrymore part. It's based on a true story, when some whales got caught under ice in Alaska.  Drew Barrymore plays the Greenpeace activist and she is phenomenal.

I googled just for fun... cuz it is driving me crazy.  lol. BUT maybe I haven't seen her in awhile. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2018/02/03/watch-super-bowl-alexa-commercial-cardi-b-anthony-hopkins-gordon-ramsay-rebel-wilson/304188002/

I did that too.  They don't mention Barrymore.  But she wasn't playing one of the Alexa parts.  I could be wrong of course.  But no matter how many times I watch that segment, everything about that woman says Drew Barrymore.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 12:27:15 PM »
But no matter how many times I watch that segment, everything about that woman says Drew Barrymore.

I think you are coo coo....   Silly7

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »
I think you are coo coo....   Silly7

Well, yeah, but what about the segment?   funny2

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 01:52:58 PM »
Big Miracle was a GREAT film, and you need to watch it, Lola.

Honestly, if it were DB, they'd say so, but all that's ever pointed out about that segment is (see last photo of story)

"Going to plan B: Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos asks an employee what the plan is after Alexa. . ." http://dailym.ai/2FuvCab

That chin just isn't DB. I can see how she'd be mistaken just a bit for her straight on view, but that chin just isn't it. In this segment, there's only one famous person, and that's Jeff Bezos:
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 01:57:07 PM »
In that segment, I kind of thought that the girl beside him looked like Kelly McCreary of Grey's Anatomy too, but it's not her:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3691741/mediaviewer/rm2257659648
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »
I'm sure if it was here, they'd have said so.  It's uncanny though.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 03:42:31 PM »
Well, yeah, but what about the segment?   funny2

LOL

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43044693?ocid=global_bbccom_email_14022018_technology

funny2 funny2 funny2

The ordering of the dollhouse I would be okay with.  However, the PURINA cat food would pizz me off!   >:D

Tags: