Non Species Specific Furkid Topics > Reaching One Furkid Parent At A Time...

First time cat owner need help with kitten

<< < (2/23) > >>

Pookie:
One thing I did to help my furkids get used to me (at least, I think it helped), is I would make purring sounds.  I would just sit on the floor and "purr."

DeeDee:

--- Quote from: Middle Child on October 27, 2016, 09:05:54 PM ---
 Rescue Remedy is a calming supplement you can add to her water or food, you might have luck with that too.

--- End quote ---

Rescue Remedy! That's the name I couldn't remember. I thought it was essential oils though.  Doh1

Middle Child:
Rescue Remedy for pets is an herbal mixture but not essential oils

Pookie:

--- Quote from: Middle Child on October 27, 2016, 08:32:24 PM ---Talk to her in a soft voice so she can get used to you.  Use her name a lot and tell her how much you love her, how happy you are that she is there, and how much better she will feel in a while.

--- End quote ---

You might also want to tell her something like, I know you're scared and confused right now, and you miss your old home, and that's okay.  This is your new home now, and you're safe and loved here.  Everything's going to be ok.

From her point of view, she doesn't understand what happened or why.  All she knows is that she's no longer with her family, etc.  Saying something like the above may help.  They really do understand.

grouphug

LeFlame:
Thanks for all the tips guys I think I just going to ignore her a bit more and give her time and space also can anyone recommend a good brand for kitten food?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version