Author Topic: Mars Petcare selling exclusive brand business  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Mars Petcare selling exclusive brand business
« on: January 02, 2019, 09:49:38 AM »
Arbor Investments Enters Pet Care Category with an Agreement to Purchase Mars Petcare US Private Label Business

CHICAGO and NASHVILLE, Tenn., Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Mars Petcare US, Inc. ("Mars Petcare") and Arbor Investments (together with its affiliates, "Arbor") announced that they have entered into an agreement under which Arbor will acquire Mars Petcare's U.S.-based Exclusive Brands (EB) business. The agreement includes the division of Mars Petcare that produces private label pet food products for a variety of U.S. customers through five manufacturing plants in Orangeburg, S.C.; Washington Court House, Ohio; Miami, Okla.; Clinton, Okla. and San Bernardino, Calif. The deal is expected to close by the end of the year, and is subject to certain customary closing conditions and certain approvals, including, among others, customary regulatory approvals.

"Exiting the private label business in the U.S. allows Mars Petcare US to focus on growing its branded portfolio, including iconic favorites such as PEDIGREE®, IAMS™, GREENIES™, and others," said Mark Johnson, regional president, Mars Petcare North America. "The private label business has played an important role for us over the past 12 years driving scale and growth. As our focus has evolved, this sale gives Arbor the opportunity to further develop this business in the vibrant petcare category."

I have NO idea what they mean when they talk about "private label business" but wanted to share this.  The rest of the article is here:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/arbor-investments-enters-pet-care-category-with-an-agreement-to-purchase-mars-petcare-us-private-label-business-300712204.html

EDIT #1:  I did a little more searching, and while I still don't know what the products are that were part of Mars' privatel label business, I did find the following:

Arbor Investments (“Arbor”) announced today it has completed the acquisition of the Exclusive Brands business from Mars Petcare US, Inc. (“Mars Petcare”). The business manufactures private label pet food and treat products for various national retail customers. . . . With the close of the transaction, Exclusive Brands has re-launched as Red Collar Pet Foods (“Red Collar”).

Link to the rest of the article is below:

https://www.pehub.com/2018/12/arbor-completes-acquisition-of-mars-petcares-u-s-exclusive-brands-business/#

EDIT #1:  Still searching and I'm not 100% sure these are some of the products they're talking about, I thought I'd share "just in case."  it's from March 2016:

Mars Petcare announced that two brands it acquired through its 2014 purchase of Procter & Gamble’s pet food business, California Natural and Evo, will now be sold exclusively through independent pet specialty retailers in the U.S.

Link to the above article is http://www.petage.com/two-mars-brands-now-exclusive-to-independent-pet-retail/
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:05:21 AM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: