Author Topic: Let's play a game- which would you give up?  (Read 14691 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Let's play a game- which would you give up?
« on: July 11, 2018, 06:05:18 PM »

Rules of the game.  Answer the question, and please feel free to pose another set of choices. :)

If you had to give up one or the other, would you give up chocolate or milk?

For me, I would give up chocolate. I must have milk.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Let's play a game- which would you give up?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »

Milk. I've already had to give it up, but there are still some chocolates I can eat--especially if I make it myself.

Question #2: What would you give up? Coffee or Coke (pop, soda, whatever you call it)?  For me, coffee since I can't have milk anymore.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:41:59 PM »
Milk. I've already had to give it up, but there are still some chocolates I can eat--especially if I make it myself.

Question #2: What would you give up? Coffee or Coke (pop, soda, whatever you call it)?  For me, coffee since I can't have milk anymore.

Coke.  Because I gave it up years ago, when I quit smoking. I was working two jobs back then and I would sit and have a cold coke and a cigarette between jobs.  Once I gave up the cigs, the coke just wasn't right.

Looks like you and I are two peas in a pod so far Dee, only opposite.  funny2

To be honest I do still have a coke now and then, like if I am eating out with my friend jean and having french fries or something like that.  But I wouldn't have any trouble giving it up. My morning 1 1/2 cups of percolated coffee though...I don't think I want to give that up. Ever.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 07:08:39 PM »
My morning 1 1/2 cups of percolated coffee though...I don't think I want to give that up. Ever.

I hate coffee or espresso without milk or at least creamer. Sugared black just doesn't do it for me.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 07:25:58 PM »
Strong plain black, no sugar.  And I only like my own.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 08:11:04 PM »
Strong plain black, no sugar.  And I only like my own.

At home, Colombian only from 8 o'clock coffee.  http://shop.eightoclock.com/100-Colombian-Peaks-Whole-Bean/p/EOC-CPKSWHL&c=EightOClock@WholeBean

Starbucks, my preferred poison was:  iced venti, white chocolate mocha, 5 shots total, no whip.

Now I just drink: Passion tea lemonade tango with some shots of vanilla in it.

Most of the time I'm just drinking Perrier though--with a Diet Coke sometimes. Diet is crap for you, but I can't drink regular ones without getting a kidney infection, so it's rare that I drink any soft-drinks.

Question #3--ANY kind of videos or music?

I'd give up video of any kind for music.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 10:13:34 PM »
Not sure I can play, since apparently I live a boring life compared to you two.   Silly7

Milk, which I've pretty much already given up since I stopped eating cereal.  I rarely have it now.  Chocolate -- sorry, but if there's no chocolate in heaven, I'm not going.   :P

I don't drink either, so that's not an issue for me.   :)  And here it's called "soda" unless you're referring to a specific brand, e.g. Coke or Pepsi.

Told you I was boring!   funny2

Videos as in music videos, or like VCR/On Demand-type "videos?"  Either way, probably videos.  I must have music.  Years ago when I got laid off from my first job and was home for several months, I didn't realize that I wasn't listening to music (which I would play in the car to/from work).  That was adding to my depression.  It took a while before I figured it out, and my mood got much better when I started listening to music again.  Even now, I can drive in silence (no radio) when I have a lot on my mind, but it's usually on.  And when a great song comes on, I can feel myself come alive.  So giving up music is NOT an option.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 11:33:10 PM »
Milk
Coffee
Videos
:)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 11:34:53 PM »

Videos as in music videos, or like VCR/On Demand-type "videos?"  Either way, probably videos.  I must have music.  Years ago when I got laid off from my first job and was home for several months, I didn't realize that I wasn't listening to music (which I would play in the car to/from work).  That was adding to my depression.  It took a while before I figured it out, and my mood got much better when I started listening to music again.  Even now, I can drive in silence (no radio) when I have a lot on my mind, but it's usually on.  And when a great song comes on, I can feel myself come alive.  So giving up music is NOT an option.

Video as in ANY video. TV, Movies, Youtube, etc.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 08:03:46 AM »

Oh.  Hmm . . . not sure I could give up TV, just because I need my weather report if nothing else.  Radio reports just don't cut it and don't provide a radar, and I'm not online all the time (no data on my phone, no iPad).  I could give up the rest, though I would miss my Cole and Marmalade (both are cats) videos.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »
Chocolate, soda, video I can do without. Coffee is more a social thing as in spending an hour together with the first pot on the week end. Bread, cheese and wine would be very rough.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 01:21:53 PM »
Give up fruit or veggies?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »

Fruit. I like very few fruits, but I eat a LOT of veggies.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 04:41:48 PM »

Veggies. I  eat lettuce, celery, carrots and beans and peas, which, technically speaking are legumes, so I guess I could keep the beans and peas..

I eat apples, blueberries, cherries and pineapple.  I couldn't give up my fruit.

I've really struggled with this one.  I listen to cds in my car.  On long drives...which I do take fairly often, those long drives would be mighty tedious without music.  But I do love having my dvd player on in the evening when I am tired and doing evening household chores.

But I think the driving wins.  I would have to give up my dvds.

Oh no but WAIT!..What about my videos of my cats?  No, I couldn't give those up.  Looks like driving is going to be longer than ever. funny2

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 05:44:02 PM »

Oh.  Hmm . . . not sure I could give up TV, just because I need my weather report if nothing else.  Radio reports just don't cut it and don't provide a radar, and I'm not online all the time (no data on my phone, no iPad).  I could give up the rest, though I would miss my Cole and Marmalade (both are cats) videos.

On second thought, my answer is to "pass" on the question.   Silly7

I don't each much of either (I know, shame on me) so it doesn't really matter to me either way.  But I'm NOT giving up meat/animal products.

Tags: