Author Topic: Lacy's Nails  (Read 5712 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Lacy's Nails
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 01:32:23 PM »
One more piece of info.... her tip stayed in my pocket.  I only wish that I had pulled it out, and then put it back... with her seeing me do so. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 01:45:37 PM »

I did request (for her next nail trim... if I go through with that appt) a particular vet tech. 

Well hopefully Julie can make sure it happens. She sounds like she's a great one to have in your corner! Just ask Julie to call you if that tech isn't going to be available that day.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »
Julie sounds terrific. You are correct, the charge is for the service (or should be) not how many it takes, because of incompetency on their part. And I share your concern with how she was treated besides.
Keep us posted!

What she said!  Hugs to Lacy dog and you, too!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 08:15:43 PM »
Thanks all for listening to me vent my sadness and frustration.   grouphug

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 04:40:37 PM »
The vet called me on Sunday.  I didn't hear the phone.  My phone is always muted.  She left a message that she would try again later. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 04:49:23 PM »
Well at least the vet is personally taking responsibility for taking care of this problem.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 08:51:52 PM »
I ordered a Dremel, extra sand paper thingies, and Styptic powder today.  I HAVE to do this! 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 09:00:04 PM »
Good luck!  I hope it all goes well!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 09:07:31 PM »
Thanks!
My plan is to watch a lot of YouTube videos... desensitize myself.  I have an over the top fear of cutting a quick. 
From reading and reading and reading... actual nail trimmers sound worse (for me) to use.  Gotta worry about squeezing the quick also! 

I was hoping Lacy would get used to being around strange animals in a controlled environment.  But I'm worried she is going to stroke out during the process.  She has to see the vet in December for a rabies vaccination.  Her teeth need to be cleaned also.  It is only August, and I'm already sick to my stomach. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 09:08:44 PM »
GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes

No sense in worrying about it now.  (I know, easier said than done.)  Remember, , Lacy dog and the other furkids are going to pick up on your nervousness.  There's nothing you can do about it until then and everything will be fine.

GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:11:19 PM by Pookie »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 05:01:11 AM »
Whatever happened with the fee?  And did you ever get to speak to the vet directly?  Hope the dremel is a good alternative.  I've gotten a quick once or twice, they don't even seem to notice (cats)  I felt terrible of course, but there was no paw shaking or any more than the usual grooming of the claws afterwards. 

Everyone I know with dogs takes them for nail trims and doens't stay with them when it's done.  But stil re-reading of that experience in June gets me greatly annoyed all over again. Over charging because they couldn't do their job, psssshhhht.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2016, 01:43:56 PM »
Whatever happened with the fee?  And did you ever get to speak to the vet directly?  Hope the dremel is a good alternative.  I've gotten a quick once or twice, they don't even seem to notice (cats)  I felt terrible of course, but there was no paw shaking or any more than the usual grooming of the claws afterwards. 

Everyone I know with dogs takes them for nail trims and doens't stay with them when it's done.  But stil re-reading of that experience in June gets me greatly annoyed all over again. Over charging because they couldn't do their job, psssshhhht.

I had to cancel Lacy's last nail appointment because of road construction and detours.  So I didn't see the vet and she never called back.  She said she would "try" to reach me later.  She didn't ask for me to call her back... so I didn't.

We have a regular dremmel, but I bought the pet one.  Less power and noise and cordless. 

Anyway, I used it last Sunday.  Lacy was totally okay with it all!  I expected her to be a little nervous, due to MY nervousness.  Nope.  She didn't pull back her paws.  She didn't nose her way in.  Nothing! 
Her nails were pretty long, so I just did a little bit on Sunday.  I want to give her quicks time to recede. I did a little more on Thursday.  I still have a long way to go, but I don't want to make any mistakes and turn her off of the procedure.  Baby steps.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 04:54:48 PM »
Oh wow this is WONDERFUL!!!!! bananamiddlechild

Tags: