Author Topic: Hare-Today Ratio Questions  (Read 20461 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Hare-Today Ratio Questions
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »
I have to keep our daily routine as simple as possible.  It is safer for the pets.  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »
Being paranoid... I was thinking of adding extra taurine to the mixture.   
I don't plan on having any of the meals frozen longer than 6 months.  In fact, the time frame will probably be MUCH shorter.  But if I have extra money or freezer space... I would likely want to stock up. 

It is the supplements effectiveness and frozen time frame that has me scratching my head.

Can you add the extra taurine right before you feed it?  I don't think you can "overdose" them on taurine - it's an amino acid.  You might want to Google it, though, just to be sure.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »
Half of what I read (from fairly reliable sources) state that NO supplements are needed.  80/10/10 has everything needed.  The other half (from fairly reliable sources ;) ) say that they are needed.  Maybe I will just leave well enough alone...

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Call Me SLACKER
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »
There are poop issues (for some) with the Hare-Today mixture.  I'm assuming the meat/bones/organs ratio is out of whack. 
If I had one (or maybe two) cats/dogs, it wouldn't be such an issue.  I could adjust as needed.  With 7.. what works for one, doesn't always work for another.  I am just not going to serve a specific meal for this one and another kind of meal for another.  We would never be able to keep it all straight for 3 meals a day.  If that makes me a slacker... so be it.
I already have Rad Cat in the rotation every 4th day.  I just ordered Stella And Chewys and Honest Kitchen dehydrated foods (chicken and turkey varieties only) to add to our rotation schedule.  My hope is that a variety will keep them all on track.  fingerscrossed

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2015, 01:35:32 PM »
Variety never hurts!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: