Author Topic: Wondering no more haha  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Wondering no more haha
« on: September 29, 2015, 05:04:54 AM »
I've been wondering if I should try Mazy cat with the Rad Cat Lamb again.  She showed an intolerance for red meat (regular beef and Rad Cat lamb) early on.  After a few tries when she vomited it up, she just flat out refused to eat it any more.

Okay i said.

But thinking abut going completely Rad Cat with her means only two foods in her rotation. (my gosh pray RC never has a recall) So I've been thinking about trying her on the lamb again to at least expand her proteins.

Last night I accidentally gave her Queen Eva's morning lamb instead of her own evening chickn.  I put the lids on wrong when I took them out yesterday monring.
It was funny.  I noticed the food looked a little different and the chunk did not have the weight I expected.

But it wasn't until I put it in front of her that I caught on to my mistake.

She took one sniff, backed away with a wrinkled nose and looked at me.  I said "What?" and showed it to her again.  She obligingly took another sniff, then moved as far away from the dish as she could without jumping off the table!

That was when the light-bulb went on. LOL!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Wondering no more haha
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 08:03:23 AM »
Well, I guess that answers that!   funny2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:48:45 AM »
When they loudly don't speak, you'd better put on your superhero ears!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 12:54:36 PM »
You know, when she first refused it,my heart just sunk, thinking she was sick.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 01:13:06 PM »
You know, I've had a hard time eating beef for the longest time now. A light-bulb went off when I found out I was allergic to cow's milk. His theory is that if I can't handle the milk, then, along with my FMF, there's probably something going on with my stomach trying to digest the meat proteins, so I still rarely eat it.

Maybe it's just harder to digest the proteins in red meat than it is in white meats? I'm not a fan of raw pork, but I know a lot of people feed it, have you tried that or any other white meats?

This article is on humans, but it says that red meat is harder to digest:

But red meat also takes longer to digest, making the protein less bio-available then other sources, too. “Red meat is simply not the most efficient way of getting amino acids into your muscles so that they can repair and grow,”

But it also claims that pork is still red meat:

The only difference is that pork contains less "myoglobin, an oxygen-storage protein found in muscle,” 

SO maybe you should look into "myoglobin" a bit further?

It probably would have helped for me to put the link to the article I was quoting: http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/the-truth-about-red-meat
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:05:54 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 09:35:26 PM »
Roxy is the reason I don't feed beef to the cats.  I have been playing with the idea of trying the Rad Cat beef.  Thanks to Mazy, I think I will skip it! 

I can SO "see" her giving you a look!   funny2
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 05:18:45 AM »
Well I am going to get the Rad Cat Beef and the Venison, next time I order.  More for Queen Eva than Mazy but I may try them with Mazy. If Queen Eva will eat the beef and the venison, I'll take the chicken out of her rotation and just use it for Mazy cat.  That will spread my work load out a bit.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 06:49:40 PM »
Well I am going to get the Rad Cat Beef and the Venison, next time I order.  More for Queen Eva than Mazy but I may try them with Mazy. If Queen Eva will eat the beef and the venison, I'll take the chicken out of her rotation and just use it for Mazy cat.  That will spread my work load out a bit.

That is one reason you will always be the better furkid mom.  :)  At my house, if something doesn't work for one... no one gets it.  lol

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 07:17:13 PM »
That is one reason you will always be the better furkid mom.  :)  At my house, if something doesn't work for one... no one gets it.  lol

I wouldn't call me better.  I've fed different diets to different cats for years.  YEARS.  If Queen Eva can eat the Venison and  the Beef, I won't have to cut up Rad Cat as often.  It's a lot of work you know,and if Mazy goes all Rad Cat I am going to be cutting up two tubs a week, because Queen Eva gets the chicken too.  If I can give her lamb, venison and beef, she won't need the RC chicken, which wil make a tub last longer for Mazy cat.

Remember I have very little freezer space.  If I had a decent freezer, I'd spend one weekend every month cutting up and freezing Rad Cat until I had a month's worth cut up of every protein.  But I have no where to put it.

It (if Queen Eva wil eat the other proteins) will also cut down on the number of trips I am going to have to make to get the Rad Cat if Mazy goes 100 percent. Right now I go once every 6 weeks.  And even that is difficult. But I'll be going every 2 or 3 weeks when she goes full time.  I'm not going to have any life at all. I am dreading it.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 07:45:04 PM »
It's a lot of work you know

That is why you win Cat Mom Of The Year.  I need a nap just reading all that you do!  There isn't a chance in h*ll that I would be able to comprehend how much and what to feed to who.

I do keep the dog and cat food separated.  BUT that is because the daily intake for the cats and Lacy are different.  AND the containers are all clearly marked... cat or dog.  :) 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 05:04:00 AM »
Thanks for the support Lola!  HeadButt  Sorry about the whining, I was very tired last night. haha. It's not just the work I dread but the fear of having Mazy eating only ONE brand of food, the Rad Cat.  Maybe in time I can try giving her the PMR again. It's just that grocery store meat I know are fed with GMO grains, and she just can't seem to tolerate anything like that.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 05:50:16 PM »
I didn't read any whining.  :)
I TOTALLY get not wanting to feed one brand!!!  Short term to figure out something maybe, but not long term.  As much as I often think I should leave well enough alone, concerning my bunch... I never do. 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 09:08:51 AM »
Well if I had freezer space I could order boneless hare today and supplement with alnutrin. But that is not doable at this time.

Tags: