Author Topic: Cat urine cleaner  (Read 4027 times)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Cat urine cleaner
« on: July 11, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »
Anyone used products that actually work for getting rid of urine odor?
Ive tried Natures Miracle and it doesnt work to well.
I have two bathroom rugs that I need to do. Shadow did not like the new litter I bought  :(
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Cat urine cleaner
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 01:51:38 PM »
I'd just soak the rugs in white vinegar for a few hours. Put them in a tub, pour it over, and let them sit. Then wash. Works for puppy issues on carpets anyway.

You'd be surprised at what all white vinegar is good for. If you ever need to clean stuck-on-gunk inside a bottle, put some baking soda in the bottle, then pour in vinegar. Will boil it off.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:54:01 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:58:50 PM »
Hi Dee Dee I already soaked them in vinegar, now they smell like vinegar urine, lol!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
YUCK...let me see if I can find that thing in Twitter that I saw earlier today about cat urine.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:29:12 PM by DeeDee »

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 06:47:37 PM »
Thanks Dee Dee, I will go out tommorow and have a look around. I did however find a new litter, only good reviews on it. NO DUST, NO ODOUR, and I think the cats will like this. It looks like clay but it has quartz in it. This isnt the company web site, but its what I found when I googled it.
http://www.petvalu.com/in-our-store/products/cat/litter/clay-litter/odour-buster-cat-litter-once-week-clumping

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »
I found several reviews, but this first one also has a Odor remover review right after the litter review. Something called Urine Off! if you haven't tried that:

http://www.allaboardpethotel.com/product-of-the-month.html

I finally found a site that listed Bentonite as one of the ingredients--seems like it's some big trade secret as to what the other 7 of the "secret 8" agricultural items are though:

http://www.mrpets.ca/Products/Product.aspx?ID=9515&&categoryid=2

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 08:55:36 PM »
 >:( The lady told me it had Quartz!!  bangshead

just found the Urine off listed here locally, so will pick some up, thanks :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:02:13 PM by Shadow »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 09:34:33 PM »
Isn't quartz one of the silicates? If it is, silica is dangerous to breathe in. That's why so many warn about wearing masks if you're going to use Diatomaceous Earth.

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 12:11:06 AM »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 12:54:00 AM »
I'd have a look at that Odour Buster's Ingredients--it's GOT to have them on the bag somewhere! Doesn't it?

I DID look it up and quartz is a pure form of silica. It gives me pause if these companies are grinding up quartz now in an attempt to fly under everyone's silica-radar by just calling it quartz.

This slideshow is kind of interesting: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_quartz_a_silicate_mineral#page2  When you get to this slide-answer, it says quartz differs from other silicate minerals b/c it's formed of pure silica: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_is_quartz_different_from_other_silicate_minerals#page3

Someone here said their dogs ate a bag of the Swheatscoop: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/248958/whats-your-favorite-cat-litter but as far as Odour Buster they also say, "...is low dust (unless you get a batch from the end of the production, then I find there's a bit of dust)" and a post later on says it's a clay litter.

:-\ :-\ :-\

I'm glad now that all we've got are feral creatures out there!!! I think I'd go nuttier than a bessie-bug trying to figure all these things out--as well as what to put IN the end that's making the output from the other end that you need the litter for!!!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 10:02:20 AM »
I just found out about this too:

The Advanced Natural Series joins the Original Series in drawing on a patented process that allows World’s Best Cat Litter™ ingredients to be compressed into tight granules that deliver concentrated power.

http://www.boriskitty.com/2013/07/worlds-best-cat-litter-just-got-bestier/

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 01:30:08 PM »
There is no ingredients on the bag.

The WBCL is very expensive. I have not seen this new one in the stores yet http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/pine-scented-cat-litter/ but looks ok.

The thing with any plant based litters is that once you add liquid you always get bacteria which starts to grow after 20 min. Ugh!!  bangshead

Wish my cats would use the toilet like Furmonster mums kittys do. lol!!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 01:52:28 PM »
Well if you want a chance to try it for free, you can enter this giveaway I just saw:

http://www.floppycats.com/bonus-giveaway-worlds-best-cat-litter-advanced-natural.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+floppycats%2FmheS+%28Floppycats+Blog%29

Directions are down at bottom of Article:

Edit: Oops I did something wrong and it didn't make the quote in this one.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:54:51 PM by DeeDee »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »
Well if you want a chance to try it for free, you can enter this giveaway I just saw:

http://www.floppycats.com/bonus-giveaway-worlds-best-cat-litter-advanced-natural.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+floppycats%2FmheS+%28Floppycats+Blog%29

Directions are down at bottom of article:

Giveaway Details:

# of winners: 2
    Prize: one 6lb bag of World’s Best Cat Litter Advanced Natural
    Open to Addresses in: USA ONLY

If you’d like to enter for a chance to win World’s Best Cat Litter Advanced Natural:

leave a comment on this post letting us know why you’d like to win
    For an additional chances to win (up to 5 more chances), share this giveaway Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ or YouTube, and leave a separate comment for each social network that you post it on – to let me know that you shared.  Be sure to use the following hashtags: #floppycats #giveaway and these Twitter handles: @floppycats @sturdiproducts when you post!  Here’s an example of what to post: “Enter the BONUS Giveaway! World’s Best Cat Litter Advanced Natural! http://www.floppycats.com/?p=13699 @bestcatlitter #wbcl @floppycats #giveaway”

This giveaway ends on July 31st, 2013 at 11:59 CT. A random winner* will be chosen in a drawing on August 1, 2013.

Please consider liking World’s Best Cat Litter on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest as a thank you for sponsoring this giveaway!

*No purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners will be alerted via e-mail. The winner(s) of the giveaway are required to give Floppycats a physical address (to which the prize will be mailed) within 72 hours.  If a reply email containing the physical address where the prize should be mailed is not received, alternate winner(s) will be chosen again by random. Winners may or may not be announced in a separate post following the drawing.

Tags: