Author Topic: Dr Jean Hofve Needs Our Help!  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Dr Jean Hofve Needs Our Help!
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:56:46 AM »
You probably already know Dr. Jean through her hundreds of published articles, and her highly respected, award-winning website, LittleBigCat.com; and of course, she is my co-author on our books, Holistic Cat Care and Paleo Dog.

Here's the problem: Dr. Jean was born with multiple severe heart defects, which were surgically corrected when she was a young child, as best as 1950s technology could do. However, undetected problems apparently remained; and about 10 years ago she was blindsided with severe congestive heart failure (CHF).
https://www.gofundme.com/c5d8rf24
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Dr Jean Hofve Needs Our Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 11:00:26 AM »
I am sure ANY amount would be appreciated.
Share this info with your friends too please.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »
 thumbsup1
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Dr Jean Hofve UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »
So far so good with my new implanted defibrillator. It's a big adjustment, because there are quite a few restrictions; for instance, I can't have a cell phone within 6 inches of the thing, or go through a metal detector at the airport.
https://www.gofundme.com/c5d8rf24

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 05:56:54 PM »
Snip...

But this visit was not as good as I had hoped, even though I feel much better. He is very concerned that my heart function has continued to deteriorate. It is to the point that he wants me back on a daily dose of Lasix, which is no fun, because it basically tethers you to the bathroom for about 4 hours… so we compromised at “a few times a week.” He was very glad I got the ICD (defibrillator) implanted because I obviously really needed it. I am to continue with all the other meds as well. So I’m pretty much back to, well, square two (square one was much worse!). We will recheck an echocardiogram in 3 months.

She updates at the GoFundMe page.  https://www.gofundme.com/c5d8rf24

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Dr Jean Hofve Is Able To Buy BEMER!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »
Thanks to "Anonymous" my goal has been reached, and much more!!

I've purchased my BEMER outright (yay!), and had my first appointment with incredible Reconnective Therapist Herwig Schoen, who helped me so much in the early days of heart failure years ago.

This has been a truly life-changing experience, and the outpouring of love and support has been overwhelming. It's easy to sit at my desk and think I'm not making a difference in the world at all, but it seems that folks have noticed, have been helped by my work, and are happy to help when I'm the one in need.

I thank you all very much, from the bottom of my (slightly imperfect, but improving) heart!

As long as GoFundMe allows this account to stay open (I'm not sure how that works), I will continue to use it to update everyone on my progress. Or, follow me on Facebook (jeanhofvedvm) or LittleBigCat.com. I am sure I will have **many** more wonderful miracles to report as we go along!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:34:31 AM by Lola »