Author Topic: Read This On The Paw Project's FB Page  (Read 916 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Read This On The Paw Project's FB Page
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »

Dr. Moran from Indianapolis shares a declaw story:
I welcomed in a new client and 4 month old kitten to our practice last year, claws and all. The owner was worried about getting scratched and having her furniture scratched as well so we discussed the negative effects of declawing (i.e. litter box aversion, chronic pain etc.) and she agreed Soft Paw nail caps were a better option so we put them on that day.
I received a call one month later from the owner informing me that she didn't like the nail caps and had her cat declawed elsewhere (since we don't perform the surgery) where the vet ASSURED her that her cat would be fine, especially since he used the wonderful laser for her declaw. I banged my head on my desk, shed a tear for the cat and told her she is still welcome to bring her back for future care, which she did.
Fast forward to yesterday...the client brings in a stool sample to be checked for parasites out of the blue and I ask, "what makes you think she has a parasite?" Her response?
SHE IS POOPING OUTSIDE THE LITTER BOX.
Oh and she didn't have parasites of course.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Read This On The Paw Project's FB Page
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:07:37 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi