Author Topic: Congressional Questions to Safety of Beneful Pet Food  (Read 1342 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Congressional Questions to Safety of Beneful Pet Food
« on: March 16, 2015, 04:24:39 PM »
http://truthaboutpetfood.com/congressional-questions-to-safety-of-beneful-pet-food/

Two Senators that have a long history of pet food consumer advocacy have stepped up for us again. Senator Richard Durbin and Senator Dianne Feinstein have sent questions to FDA – concerned about the safety of Beneful Dog Food and the overall safety of pet food.

Senator Durbin and Senator Feinstein addressed their pet food concerns to Margaret Hamburg, the Commission of the FDA.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Congressional Questions to Safety of Beneful Pet Food
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:50:46 AM »
Feed, including pet feed (labeled as food), is allowed to contain diseased animal tissue, euthanized animals, chemical or pesticide contaminated rejected for use in human food ingredients. Just about any waste – rejected as food (human food) is welcome in animal feed with no disclosure to the consumer. Please read the FDA Veterinary Compliance Policy Manual Guides for animal feed. Link: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/ComplianceManuals/CompliancePolicyGuidanceManual/ucm117042.htm  Scroll to bottom section titled Animal Feed. You will probably be horrified.

Feed ingredients including meats are not required by law to be stored or transported under refrigeration or in clean containers.

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 12:31:36 PM »
Okay. I don't think I'm going to eat anymore lunch.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 03:42:39 PM »
Okay. I don't think I'm going to eat anymore lunch.

Sorry. 
People never believe me the meat is so ... disgusting.  I wanted to be able to quote someone else.  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: