Author Topic: Sleepypod mobile pet bed  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Sleepypod mobile pet bed
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:30:11 PM »
If this works as well as it seems to, it's really neat!  It seems like they thought of everything (though personally, I'm not comfortable with electric bed warmers.  And as for the cooling option, in my experience cats like it warm, but small dogs might appreciate it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7uvQpjrHEQ&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=Catster+Ful+List&utm_campaign=CAD20171012

The company website is http://sleepypod.com/
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Sleepypod mobile pet bed
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:00:02 PM »
Those would be great for cats, especially for going to the vet, but I'm not a fan of carrying dogs around no matter what. They lose a lot of their ability to be actual dogs when people start carrying them around EVERYWHERE and their feet never touch the ground.

Now if you're going to be a LOT of walking, fine, put them in something--AFTER they get tired! But to continually deprive them of the ability to follow scent like real dogs do? No. Just. No.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:19:27 PM »
Those would be great for cats, especially for going to the vet, but I'm not a fan of carrying dogs around no matter what. They lose a lot of their ability to be actual dogs when people start carrying them around EVERYWHERE and their feet never touch the ground.

Good point, I never thought of that.  Would you think it's ok to use something like that for a small dog just when going to the vet, so you're not having to drag the dog in (that was my experience when Dad took his dogs to the vet) or worry about someone else letting their pet get too close?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »
Would you think it's ok to use something like that for a small dog just when going to the vet, so you're not having to drag the dog in (that was my experience when Dad took his dogs to the vet) or worry about someone else letting their pet get too close?

Well if a dog was small enough to be carried in one of those things, and it wanted to leave its claws behind on the pavement outside, then I'd probably pick it up and carry it in, then set it down. Unless a dog is a vicious little ankle biter, they're going to be missing a lot of smells that are good to them--and a lot of opportunity for socialization.

The only thing I see in carriers at the vet's office are cats. We all generally know how to control our dogs, and keep them from attacking others. If a dog is a problem case, it's taken back immediately and kept from socializing at all.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »
It is a cool carrier, but way out of my price range!
I don't see too many people carrying their cats... just to be carrying them, like many do with dogs. 
However, I have thought about putting wheels on a large dog crate, for Lacy dog. :)  It would come in handy for vet visits.  She wouldn't have to deal with pets on the end of retractable leases! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: