Author Topic: China-Free-Foods Someone Did Research For Everyone Else (Cats & Dogs)  (Read 1829 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Not sure where to put this so sticking it here. It can always be moved...right?  :D

Saw this in

Midas Touch Naturally Healthy Pets, llc (@HappyHealthyPup in Twitter) did the research for everyone...if it had anything in it that came from China, it was removed from their shelves. Brands they have that are "China free" are also listed:

http://midastouchhealth.blogspot.com/2012/04/china-import-free-who-made-cut.html

I found one of the comments there VERY interesting & never before thought of doing something like that:

"UnknownJuly 23, 2012 2:09 PM

IF you call up a kibble mfg and ask about the ingredients, and then state that you are going to eat it yourself, as that is all you can afford.. you can hear them back pedaling on the phone.. and they will tell you then, that its not safe for human consumption. I did this with Wellness before they were sold. it was an interesting call.!!"

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: China-Free-Foods Someone Did Research For Everyone Else (Cats & Dogs)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:14:42 PM »
 thumbsup1 :-* HeadButt

Wonder if the reason she doesn't bother with Wellness is because of the P&G buyout and it'd been scratched from her shelves anyways...

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
Someone named "Tere" in the comments had something about Wellness having Chinese vitamins in it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 07:03:41 PM »
 Doh1  <--me  :-[  Missed that.  Thanks  :-*

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 10:22:22 PM »
Realllllllllllllllllllllly surprised to see Weruva and By Nature on the list!  Damn...
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 07:33:05 AM »
I will continue to feed By Nature and Weruva along with other brands in rotation.  This is only one person's list.  We can only do so much, our cats have to eat. 

Since I have already decided that home made cat food is not for me, at least not in the near future, I have to have some blind faith. I HAVE to, or go crazy.

PS I've got S&C and Rad Cat in their daily rotation, so that helps. :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »
I will also keep Weruva (and a few others) in the rotation.  I am curious as to what ingredient (assuming the info is accurate) is from China...for Weruva.  I think I'll write and ask them. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: