Non Species Specific Furkid Topics > Reaching One Furkid Parent At A Time...

Making bone broth - Look at this largesse!

(1/7) > >>

Middle Child:
All this from one little 1.5 pound Cornish hen, no giblets. (certified organic, non GMO Project Verified)

To the far left in the glass corning cup is meat and bone broth mixed, for Jennie and Queen Eva's supper.  They usually have a prey model beef meal on Sunday, but after smelling the bone broth cooking all weekend they must have this!

In the middle row, back and forward are plain broth.  I am scooping out of those for Mazy cat's meals.  I just put the meat and broth into one of my corning ware glass containers, set it in a dish of hot water and warm it up, then put it on a saucer for Mazy cat.  I hand feed her the meat, then she drinks the broth.

The right row shows another jar of broth (16 ounces) and all the meat.  The broth will be frozen in ice cub trays for single servings, and the meat will be frozen for snacks, whatever is left after Mazy cat no longer needs it for sustenance, that is.

I didn't want to put it in the freezer hot but now that I am thinking about it maybe I better put it in the trays before it gels.  It will be easier to pour into the ice cube trays as liquid.

The baggie behind contains the waste that is to be discarded.

Pookie:
 DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

You're right, it probably would be better to put the broth in the ice cube trays before it starts to gel.   :)

Middle Child:

Middle Child:
http://catcentric.org/special-features/catcentric-on-facebook/bone-broth-recipe-especially-good-ibd-cats/

Lola:
Your bone broth is making me hungry.  And making me think that I need to make broth again for my furkid gang.
That is an adorable video.  Mazy is a cutie patootie!! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version