Author Topic: Yikes, I feel 'funny' today  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Yikes, I feel 'funny' today
« on: January 08, 2017, 10:15:20 AM »
Oh dear I hope I am not getting sick!  Wrong time to be sick, need to be healthy for work this month!

I feel dizzy and tired and "just want to lie down".

Housecleaning was scheduled for today including dumping litter boxes, but I think it's going to have to wait until next weekend.

I had a very nice hike with my sister yesterday but it was colder than we realized.  I didn't feel cold when we were hiking but on the drive home I shivered most of the way home.

I felt fine last night and slept normally and woke normally. Had a normal morning with the cats, including nail trims.  Forgot to weigh them though.

This dizzy tired feeling hit me about 10 minutes ago. Mazy cat and Jennie are on the couch but I think they are going to have to give it up to me.  Or maybe I will just get back in bed. That usually brings them off the couch into the bed anyway.  funny2

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Yikes, I feel 'funny' today
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 10:19:22 AM »
Have you had enough fluids?  You may be a bit dehydrated.  I hope you feel better soon!   Hug1 Hug1 Hug1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:24:43 AM »
Two large glasses of water this morning.  One to take my synthroid, the other to take my d-mannose.

Last night I drank 24 ounces of OJ and two glasses of milk I was so thirsty. That was after drinking about 48 oz of water on our hike. (normal)

I am about to make up another jug of orange juice and drink it down today.  But yeah, I gotta lie down, pretty soon. Geesh.  Hope it's not the flu, but this is how it starts, I know.  No no no!

Later after I eat something I'll take some zinc.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
Later after I eat something I'll take some zinc.

thumbsup1  If you can alternate the zinc and o.j./vitamin c about 30 min-1 hour, that'll really kick the pants out of whatever-it-is.

GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »
thumbsup1  If you can alternate the zinc and o.j./vitamin c about 30 min-1 hour, that'll really kick the pants out of whatever-it-is.

GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes

Thanks Pookie.  I remembered your advice, but I appreciate the reminder.  I just went into the kitchen to make the OJ.  Was confronted with dishes to be washed, (both mine and cats) and meals for the rest of the day and tomorrow morning to be taken out. Instead I filed my nails and peeked in here again.  Now I am going to tackle the kitchen chores, because, unlike vacuuming and dumping litter boxes, the kitchen HAS to be done,make the OJ and lie down.  Later I will eat and take zinc.  Don't much feel like eating at the moment.

I had planned an oven meal today, I want to save my bone broth servings for work nights.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 01:14:44 PM »
Well I am fine today.  I'm wondering if the way I felt yesterday was a reaction to getting chilled on Saturday.  My sister and I hiked (3 hours, 7.5 miles) and it was very cold. About 12 degrees I think.  My water bottle froze, anyway.  I mean, I wasn't cold while hiking, I was dressed properly, but I must have gotten chilled anyway because I shivered all the way home (1 hour and 15 min drive)

So maybe it was all that shivering that caused me to feel so strange yesterday.  I'm fine today, thank goodness.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »
Glad to hear you are feeling better!   HeadButt
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth