Author Topic: My Pet Carnivore  (Read 7065 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: My Pet Carnivore
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 05:39:09 PM »
Since rabbit is always a hit, I wanted to feed it first.  Although it is a fine grind, it is different than Rad Cat and Hare Today.  I wanted to start with a sure thing first... just in case. 
Everyone dove right in.. except Roxy.  She has never been fond of change.  She did her usual... walked away and stood in a sulking manner at the end of the food line. 
With 5 others more than willing to clean her plate for her, I picked up her dish and put it and her in a bedroom.  Being alone gave her time to mull over the idea of a new food.  She ate it all... as expected.

From My Pet Carnivore website:
Triple-ground whole Midwestern-raised rabbit including the meat, bones and organs. Includes head, heart, liver, kidneys and lungs. Skinned and eviscerated.  Selected, artisanally butchered and fresh frozen by Schoenborn Family Farms exclusively for our cutomers!

The average prey animal has about 10% to 15% bone, about 10% organs, and the rest muscle and fat and connective tissue.  That is Mother Nature's model and therefore our model ratio for all of our Whole Ground products.

I am hoping the high bone content won't be an issue for Lilly. 

I've attached a picture of the rabbit.  To get the full "ew" effect, you really have to spoon it out of the container.   Silly7

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 05:08:05 PM »
Rabbit any brand is the cats' favorite.  But...no matter what protein I feed of this brand, the cats go CRAZY! 
Normally, I only have Jenkins to "fight" off the counter when preparing meals.  When the meal is My Pet Carnivore... Roxy joins in.  I can only protect so much counter space with my body at one time.  lol  The others... they stay on the floor, but they are "yelling" about me taking too long. 

Lacy dog is pretty much always patient.  I think she knows I have my hands full with the cats, so she doesn't want to add to the chaos.  She is pretty thoughtful.  :)

I have to go dig up the exact ingredients list again.  I'm hoping there aren't any creepy ingredients in it that make the cats love it so much. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:09:59 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 06:51:09 PM »
Nothing but rabbit:

https://www.mypetcarnivore.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=7&virtuemart_category_id=12&lang=en

5.15 a pound is a good price.  I paid $11.19 for the S&C frozen rabbit.  But it's a different product.  I do like the My Pet Carnivore foods after reading about them.  Some day I will have space for a real freezer, then I can feed all these wonderful foods too!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 07:44:02 PM »
The price.  The love the cats have for the food.  Kinda had me a bit nervous... too good to be true kind of a thing.  No, the PFI hasn't made me paranoid.   Silly7

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 02:49:04 PM »
Rabbit is definitely a favorite protein.  But this brand of rabbit...the cats INHALE their meal and then run back me and ask for more.  All of them.  They absolutely LOVE it. 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 06:34:15 PM »
I'm so happy for them, and for you!

Queen Eva has to be coaxed to eat the S&C rabbit. But I make her have it one meal a week, Sunday mornings. The only bone she gets is Stella&Chewy's, both the frozen rabbit, and the two freeze dried formulas I give them, so I insist that she have this protein one meal a week.  :).

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 09:46:04 AM »
I understand having to coax.  Roxy is the one that needs the coaxing at my house.  Anything new requires coaxing.  Even if I don't feed a particular brand for a while....coaxing. 
Funny how some just dive right in... no questions asked.  lol

My last MPC order... they didn't have the regular ground chicken, so I bought coarse ground chicken.  Their coarse ground is a bit too coarse for Roxy and Lola.  I didn't make the connection between "chunks" and barfing (for some cats), until Roxy AND Lola barfed up the coarse ground chicken.  Different things can trigger Roxy to barf, but Lola has never been one to barf... so the light went on for me.  :)
If I pick out the larger chunks for those two... all is well. 

It is on the menu today, so I will try to remember to get a picture of it.   I swear I can identify body parts! 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 04:00:34 PM »
Don't you love those lightbulb moments!

I definitely want to see!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »
Here is a close-up of the coarse ground chicken, which includes the feet and head... 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 04:38:01 PM »
Chicken toes are pretty easy to spot also.   catsterpuke

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 05:43:59 PM »
Erg.  What's that....grayish round thing?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2016, 07:59:29 PM »
Erg.  What's that....grayish round thing?

I have a guess, but I don't really want to know.  BTW it was the size of a sliced black olive.  It was also squishy.  Jenkins ate it.  He eats anything and I don't think he has ever barfed anything back up. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:20:40 AM by Lola »

Tags: