Author Topic: Things that REALLY Irritate Me...  (Read 2631 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Things that REALLY Irritate Me...
« on: December 30, 2014, 10:23:24 PM »
Things like going into Petco (a closer, newer one instead of my regular one) for K10+Calming; not finding it; chasing down a store associate; having them chase down the manager; then being lied straight to my face:

"That's one of those products we no longer carry. We discontinued it. It's made in China. We don't carry anything made in China any longer. We now recommend this: http://www.petco.com/product/7743/Richards-Organics-Pet-Calm.aspx?CoreCat=certona-_-ProductDetail_2-_-Richard%27s%20Organics%20Pet%20Calm-7743." Well if Rescue Remedy doesn't work for either of them, why would I think THAT would work any better?

Too bad the manager "Tyler" didn't know that I know K10+ in Twitter. If I weren't trying to get a handle on my temper lately, I'd have told him to get his BS straight because I knew better. What's the worst was, I had to come home and prove "made in the USA" to hubs before going to the other store that always (and still) has it. And yes, I talked to them in Twitter while I was busy proving it to him with the box I had left of only 1 dose for them. The only thing that's changed is that they've got a newer, better delivered (for some of us with issues like bearded dogs) formula that's in a chew-form that will be out in January.

Should have just gone to my regular one in the first place. Now I know I can't trust that new store for any information. At least I now had enough to get a dose in tonight AND tomorrow evening before the fireworks start. It works well enough with one dose (WAS all I had), but I've found it works best if I give it for 1 or 2 days before the problems are scheduled.

I don't buy tons of things for them. Most of all their stuff is homemade. But for the one of the 5 things that I actually NEED? Well let's just stay I'm still steaming, because I'd rate this one thing at the top of all five. It's made life with them bearable when we just can't get away from it all.

It's too dangerous to be going around on the road tomorrow night to try avoidance. Son already had a wreck Saturday night, and I sure don't want to be on the road tomorrow night with all the drunks.

But UGH! JUST UGH @ Petco!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Things that REALLY Irritate Me...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »
 :o  Is your son okay?

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the new store, but more concerned about your son.  I hope everyone's all right.  grouphug
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »
Well they were t-boned on the passenger side, and she was bruised more than him, though he was bruised too. The smell of the airbags bursting smells kind of like smoke from fire, so she was good enough to jump into the backseat and climb out the window in panic. Was at the emergency room with her from about 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.

He said that nothing on him felt like more than a hard hit in football (I trust his ability to gauge injury after so long in football), but I was concerned for her and made her go when she said something about her side hurting (the EMT agreed with me)--it was the left side and the console was right there. She was hurting in her kidney area, so I told her she had no choice about going. But the CT-scan was fine. Still, I wouldn't have slept if she hadn't gone.

They've slept a lot the past few days, and they're both purplish with some pretty bad bruises around where the seat-belt and console would have hit, but they're moving fine, so they're going to be okay. Thank you SO much for your concern.
  :-*
Best thing out of it is that he was driving a rental, so it wasn't his own car that got totaled.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 06:16:22 PM »
I can understand a BS answer... to a point.  The lie about it being made in China went too far. 
Hope tonight is surprisingly quiet for the dogs.  It is just horrible to see our furkids scared out of their minds.  :(
Glad to hear your son and "her" are okay.  Better safe than sorry...good job insisting on an ER visit. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »
How did the night go for the boys?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »
Kids had started during their last walk of the night at 9:00, so Barkly wanted in, but after they finished their bedtime treats, they both laid down and fell asleep. I don't think they even moved when midnight and the noise hit. I seriously love K10+Calming.

I'll just be glad when it's out in a faster-acting chew form. That way I don't have to feed a piece of a meal about 4 hours before estimated crazy time for it to completely hit in time. The powder is water-soluable, so feeding with food isn't optimal but is only way for me to get full doses into them. A lot of people get no results from it, but we do, and they're GREAT results.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:11:07 PM by DeeDee »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 08:46:06 PM »
Wow...glad to hear it went so well!
When is the chewable form coming out... if you know?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »
Sometime in January. I'll let you know when I get mine.

Or you can just put your email in here, and they'll notify you when it's out.  http://k10plus.com/k10plus-advanced-chewable-formula/

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 10:41:05 AM »
Sometime in January. I'll let you know when I get mine.

Or you can just put your email in here, and they'll notify you when it's out.  http://k10plus.com/k10plus-advanced-chewable-formula/

Thanks.  I just signed up for it.  I want to give it a try, before July 4th.  Lacy was a MESS during the NYE fireworks.  Fireworks didn't use to bother her... not like they do now. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »
More info, if anyone is interested:

PRODUCT FACTS:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS PER PACKET:

Colostrum Calming Complex15 mg
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)13 mg
L-Theanine (Suntheanine® brand) 10 mg
Chamomile10 mg
Thiamine (Vitamin B1)1.5 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)1.5 mg
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)150 mcg
Cyanobalamin (Vitamin B12)0.5 mcg
Inactive Ingredients:
dextrose, silicon dioxide
PRODUCT FACTS (CONTINUED):
For use in dogs only.

WARNINGS:
For use in animals only.

Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children and animals.

In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.

Some natural settlement may occur.

CAUTIONS:
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If
animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.

suntheanine_logoSuntheanine® L-Theanine is Patented and Licensed by
Taiyo International, Inc.
All K-10+ products are proudly manufactured in the USA with only the finest quality ingredients.

http://k10plus.com/products/k10plus-calming-formula-for-dogs/

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »
Thanks.  I just signed up for it.  I want to give it a try, before July 4th.  Lacy was a MESS during the NYE fireworks.  Fireworks didn't use to bother her... not like they do now. 

YW. Our problems started with Barkly and gunshots when we moved out here. None of it ever phased our dogs before these two except when Dannyboy got older and developed cataracts. Once Barkly started freaking at the gunshots, then he started freaking at loud storms--though those scare me too out here considering all the tornadoes that have landed in this unincorporated area. THEN after the storm issue started, we found out we have a giant fireworks show right behind us. That was the icing on the cake.

With Vlad, he's calm except for the fireworks, and as I've said before, it rocks this cathedral ceiling with sound. He seemed fine with them the first year until the time his 2nd year that I was taking him back in when it first started. We got caught between the house, the concussion AND the bounce-back. It was the strangest feeling on earth going through my body, but I knew what it was. He didn't. Since then he freaks out about fireworks. But I use it on him, too, when we've got storm watches, because he starts the panicked reactions the times we have to take them into the storm-room. I think he has claustrophobia or something because he's calm until we have to go there.

The gunshots and Barkly, well there's nothing I can do about it that works. I get no prior warning about those. He's fine inside, but he doesn't want to go out and just sits at the gate waiting to go back in the house. At least those are the least of the reactionary times.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:05:58 PM by DeeDee »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
Just out of curiosity, did the Calming Collar stop working?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 02:12:21 PM »
Just out of curiosity, did the Calming Collar stop working?

Its herbs weakened pretty fast, and then we found out this stuff works a LOT better.

Edit: the only thing I can figure is that it distracts them when it's really strong smelling, because it just didn't work anywhere near as well when the scent weakened. I kept them stored in the bags and everything, but it still weakened. I have them out in the RV now.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 02:18:41 PM by DeeDee »

Tags: