Author Topic: Watch Your Blue Wilderness Chicken Wet Cans  (Read 2327 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
Watch Your Blue Wilderness Chicken Wet Cans
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:07:55 AM »
Just opened 2 cans this morn, both looked like chopped, and both had a light green tint around the edges of the food. It is supposed to be pate, and obviously, no green.  Neither one is expired, they are good until 2014.

I don't think there is a prob with the food itself, looks more like a packaging issue. Anyhow, gonna take them back tomorrow, and, call Blue Buffalo.  The rest of the cans I opened this morn were fine, so it looks like hit or miss.  Prowler gets the turkey, those cans have been fine.  :)  Bumpurr1   bumpgif

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Re: Watch Your Blue Wilderness Chicken Wet Cans
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »
Yikes I hope you didnt feed the green ones, I would give the company a call and tell them the batch number, then go get your money back.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »
Ya know how I am, mol, I did not feed them, put their tops back on them, put them in a zippy lock baggy, and put them in the fridge, they is goin back to Petty Smart tomorrow.  And Blue Buffalo, is getting a call, don't worry, will start out poliet.  :D

The rest of the cans I opened this morn were fine, and the turkey ones were fine. Goody thing, I always buy extra, and this batch, I just got on Friday, so luckly, I had extras.  Kitties are all fine, if they weren't, ya would have seen it on CNN by now.   >:(

Just sayin, watch the cans, might be just one batch, and if others have a prob, they can trace it back faster. thumbsup1  Bumpurr1 bumpgif   

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »
I bought the Chicken and the gal told me they were pate but when I opened it it was chunks too. Katie would only lick off the gravy. It's good to know that they are usually pate so I think I'll take the other cans back too. Thanks

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 06:38:44 AM »
They "are" supposed to be pate, mol, I know that for a fact, mol, been feeding the chicken wet for awhile now.  :)

Opened 2 more this morn, they looked chopped, put them in the fridge too, the rest of the cans were fine.
I am taking all the chicken cans back this morn.  The turkey is fine, Prowler likes that better, so thats what he gets, never had a issue with the turkey ones.  >:(

You need to call Blue Buffalo, 1-800-919-2833 and tell them, especially since you are in another part of the country, they need to know there is a prob, and its not specific, just to my area, that way, they can trace it back, and figure out the prob.  Take the cans back to the store, and get your money back, or get the turkey.
If you got them at petsmart, they won't give you a prob, if they do, let me know, I will give your Corp's #.

bumpgif     

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:30:56 PM »
Back in April I had trouble with Blue food.  It was Blue Flaked Chicken Entree (they call it flaked, but it really looks more like chunks)  I was quite pleased with the food for many months until a new batch came delivered.  The first can I opened smelled funny and looked funny.  I opened another and it seemed okay, but the cat who was eating this food wouldn't eat it. That was enough for me, 1)it seemed off to me and 2) cat wouldn't eat it.

(I did try two cans from every case, they were all funky smelling and darker looking than normal)

I contacted Blue and they sent me a postage paid envelope to send them some samples.  I had three cases of the stuff, and even though all the cases were marked with the same expire date, I noticed there were actually six different sets of numbers stamped on individual cans, under the labels.  I contacted Blue again and they said they went by the numbers on the bottom of the cans.  So I found three different sets of numbers on the bottom of the cans, so sent one of each.

In the meantime I contacted the on line store I bought the food from.It was NationalPetPharmacy.com. (a subsidiary of petfooddirect with much cheaper shipping) NPP/PFD were wonderful and their only requirement was that I send back the labels of any remaining cans from all 3 cases,  they did not want the food back, and I received a full refund for all three cases. They suggested I take the food to a shelter or food pantry, but I threw it away, because who knows what was wrong with it.

I did not ever hear from Blue about the samples I sent, and have not seen a recall listed either.  However I haven't fed the Blue Flaked Chicken Entree since then, that was when I switched to the Castor & Pollux.

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 11:02:03 PM »
I just got back from the pet store where I buy Katie's food and they said they stopped carrying Blue because of some concerns they had that Blue refused to do anything about. Something about a recall that should have happened and didn't was all they would tell me. They refunded my money on the cans I bought and said they would suggest I don't feed it to her until Blue gets it straightened out...whatever that means.

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
I did call BB, lady was very nice, but did say, no one else had reported a prob, and wanted to make sure, I got my money back from PS, which I did, for all the cans.  When I went in PS this past Friday, there were no BW chicken cans on the shelf, and they never, run out. Called BB again yesterday, they said no one else complained about the chicken. Told them PS has no chicken cans, thought that was odd, and they said they would check on it, and get back to me. 

I also, very polietly, told them all about them being show cats, being on several show boards, and CNN, which translates into, I ain't going away, and what I will do, if ya mess with me, mol.  >:(

I continue to feed the turkey, it looks fine, cats are eating it, and they are all fine. Am going to talk to Pet Smart on Friday, and see if there is a prob with the chicken, and thats why they pulled the cans.  Interesting to see if the BW chicken cans end up as a subject for Truth About Pet Foods, been watching that too, nothing yet.

Keep an eye on CNN, ya just might see Bump on there, in person, mol.  Bumpurr1 TexasFlag bumpgif 

Tags: blue wilderness